Dimitrios N Vatakis
Affiliation: University of California
- Antitumor activity from antigen-specific CD8 T cells generated in vivo from genetically engineered human hematopoietic stem cellsDimitrios N Vatakis
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, David Geffen School of Medicine at the University of California, Los Angeles CA 90095, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:E1408-16. 2011..These studies present a potential therapeutic approach and an important tool to understand better and to optimize the human immune response to melanoma and, potentially, to other types of cancer...
- Viral complementation allows HIV-1 replication without integrationHuub C Gelderblom
Department of Basic Sciences and Craniofacial Biology, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, NY, USA
Retrovirology 5:60. 2008..Here we examine the influence of an integrated provirus on unintegrated HIV-1 DNA (uDNA)...
- CD4+ T cell epitope affinity to MHC II influences the magnitude of CTL responses elicited by DNA epitope vaccinesDimitrios N Vatakis
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
Vaccine 23:2639-46. 2005..Thus, the immunogenicity of a DNA epitope vaccine can be modulated by altering the affinity of the T(H) epitope...
- Quiescent T cells and HIV: an unresolved relationshipDimitrios N Vatakis
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, UCLA AIDS Institute, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 615 Charles E Young Drive South, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Immunol Res 48:110-21. 2010..Therefore, a better understanding of the relationship between HIV and quiescent T cells may lead to further advances in the field of HIV...
- The signal peptide sequence impacts the immune response elicited by a DNA epitope vaccineDimitrios Vatakis
Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology, University of Southern California, Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 18:1776-80. 2011..The chemokine leader enhanced vaccine immunogenicity, thus underscoring the importance of the leader sequence in DNA epitope vaccine design...
- Differentially stimulated CD4+ T cells display altered human immunodeficiency virus infection kinetics: implications for the efficacy of antiviral agentsDimitrios N Vatakis
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Virol 83:3374-8. 2009..These studies increase our understanding of how T cells support viral replication and provide insight regarding the efficiency of antiretroviral therapy in lymphoid compartments...
- Primary cell model for activation-inducible human immunodeficiency virusBryan Burke
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1678, USA
J Virol 81:7424-34. 2007..This model can therefore be used to study intricate molecular aspects of activation-inducible HIV infection in primary cells...
- Human immunodeficiency virus integration efficiency and site selection in quiescent CD4+ T cellsDimitrios N Vatakis
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, UCLA AIDS Institute, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
J Virol 83:6222-33. 2009..While site selections are similar, the integration process in quiescent cells is plagued by the formation of high levels of incorrectly processed viral ends and abortive two-long-terminal-repeat circles...
- Immediate activation fails to rescue efficient human immunodeficiency virus replication in quiescent CD4+ T cellsDimitrios N Vatakis
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, 650 Charles Young Dr South, Box 951678, 11 934 Factor, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1678, USA
J Virol 81:3574-82. 2007..Together, these data demonstrate that the early stages of the HIV life cycle are inefficient in these poststimulated cells and that efficient replication cannot be induced by subsequent activation...