JASMIN L VASSILEVA
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Impaired decision-making in psychopathic heroin addictsJasmin Vassileva
Department of Psychiatry MC 912, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1601 West Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60612, United States
Drug Alcohol Depend 86:287-9. 2007..Results indicate that the presence of psychopathy may exacerbate decision-making deficits in heroin addicts...
- Are all drug addicts impulsive? Effects of antisociality and extent of multidrug use on cognitive and motor impulsivityJasmin Vassileva
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois Chicago, Chicago, IL 60622, USA
Addict Behav 32:3071-6. 2007..Results suggest that a subclinical form of antisociality may have a paradoxically facilitating effect on decision-making and cognitive impulsivity among SDIs...
- Psychopathic heroin addicts are not uniformly impaired across neurocognitive domains of impulsivityJasmin Vassileva
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 114:194-200. 2011....
- Cognitive impulsivity and HIV serostatus in substance dependent malesEileen M Martin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 10:931-8. 2004..Implications of these findings for future basic and applied studies of HIV and substance dependence are discussed...
- The influence of executive functions, sensation seeking, and HIV serostatus on the risky sexual practices of substance-dependent individualsRaul Gonzalez
University of Illinois Chicago, Department of Psychiatry, M C 912, 1601 W Taylor Street, Room 408, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 11:121-31. 2005..Our findings indicate that continued risk behavior among HIV+ drug users may be driven by sensation seeking (a personality trait common among drug users); however, the impact of executive functions is less clear...
- Deficits in complex motor functions, despite no evidence of procedural learning deficits, among HIV+ individuals with history of substance dependenceRaul Gonzalez
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois Chicago, USA
Neuropsychology 22:776-86. 2008..These findings are consistent with HIV--associated deficits in complex motor skills, but not in procedural learning...
- Influence of procedural learning on Iowa Gambling Task performance among HIV+ individuals with history of substance dependenceRaul Gonzalez
Department of Psychiatry, University of Illinois Chicago, 1601 W Taylor Street, Chicago, IL 60622, USA
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 25:28-38. 2010..Similarly, these results suggest that differences in PL performance does not account for the decision-making deficits or variability in performances observed on the IGT among HIV+ individuals with a history of substance dependence...
- HIV+ men and women show different performance patterns on procedural learning tasksEileen Martin
University of Illinois College of Medicine Chicago, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Clin Exp Neuropsychol 33:112-20. 2011..Additional studies are needed to address directly the possibility of sex differences in HAND and the possibility that women might be more vulnerable to the effects of HIV and substance dependence on some neurocognitive functions...
- Neuro-Cognitive Aspects of Opiate Abuse & Antisocial BehaviorJasmin Vassileva; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Varieties of Impulsivity in Opiate and Stimulant UsersJASMIN L VASSILEVA; Fiscal Year: 2010....