Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- Mannan-Abeta28 conjugate prevents Abeta-plaque deposition, but increases microhemorrhages in the brains of vaccinated Tg2576 (APPsw) miceIrina Petrushina
The Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, University of California Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 4540, USA
J Neuroinflammation 5:42. 2008..In the current study, we tested the efficacy of this vaccine configuration in amyloid precursor protein (APP) transgenic mice (Tg2576)...
- Linear and conformation specific antibodies in aged beagles after prolonged vaccination with aggregated AbetaVitaly Vasilevko
The Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders, University of California, Irvine 92697 4540, USA
Neurobiol Dis 39:301-10. 2010..Our findings indicate that prolonged immunization results in distinctive temporal changes in antibody profiles, which may be important for other experimental and clinical settings...
- A two-year study with fibrillar beta-amyloid (Abeta) immunization in aged canines: effects on cognitive function and brain AbetaElizabeth Head
Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, and Department of Neurology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Neurosci 28:3555-66. 2008..Alternatively, clearing preexisting Abeta from the brain in a treatment study may be more efficacious for cognition if combined with a second intervention that restores neuron health...
- Immunization with amyloid-beta attenuates inclusion body myositis-like myopathology and motor impairment in a transgenic mouse modelMasashi Kitazawa
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior and Neurology, University of California, Irvine, California 92697 4545, USA
J Neurosci 29:6132-41. 2009..These findings provide support for the hypothesis that Abeta is one of the key pathogenic components in IBM pathology and subsequent skeletal muscle degeneration...
- Blocking Abeta42 accumulation delays the onset and progression of tau pathology via the C terminus of heat shock protein70-interacting protein: a mechanistic link between Abeta and tau pathologySalvatore Oddo
Department of Neurobiology and Behavior, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Neurosci 28:12163-75. 2008..These data highlight the critical role CHIP plays as a link between Abeta and tau and identify CHIP as a new potential target not only for AD but for other neurodegenerative disorders characterized by tau accumulation...
- Blocking IL-1 signaling rescues cognition, attenuates tau pathology, and restores neuronal β-catenin pathway function in an Alzheimer's disease modelMasashi Kitazawa
Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697, USA
J Immunol 187:6539-49. 2011..Taken together, our results suggest that the IL-1 signaling cascade may be involved in one of the key disease mechanisms for AD...
- An amyloid β42-dependent deficit in anandamide mobilization is associated with cognitive dysfunction in Alzheimer's diseaseKwang Mook Jung
Department of Pharmacology, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, CA 92697 4625, USA
Neurobiol Aging 33:1522-32. 2012..The results suggest that an Aβ(42)-dependent impairment in brain anandamide mobilization contributes to cognitive dysfunction in AD...
- Reductions in amyloid-beta-derived neuroinflammation, with minocycline, restore cognition but do not significantly affect tau hyperphosphorylationAnna Parachikova
Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4545, USA
J Alzheimers Dis 21:527-42. 2010....
- Immunization with fibrillar Abeta(1-42) in young and aged canines: Antibody generation and characteristics, and effects on CSF and brain AbetaElizabeth Head
Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, Department of Neurology, University of California, 1259 Gillespie Neuroscience Research Facility, Irvine, CA 92697 4540, USA
Vaccine 24:2824-34. 2006..A nonsignificant increase in CSF Abeta(1-40) and decrease in Abeta(1-40/1-42) in cortex was detected. Canines may be a useful system for testing an Abeta vaccine...
- Immunotherapy in a natural model of Abeta pathogenesis: the aging beagleVitaly Vasilevko
Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4540, USA
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 8:98-113. 2009..We propose that the canine model complements existing animal models and will be helpful in developing new vaccine approaches to slowing or preventing Abeta pathology that can be translated to human clinical trials...
- Aging and cerebrovascular dysfunction: contribution of hypertension, cerebral amyloid angiopathy, and immunotherapyVitaly Vasilevko
Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders, University of California, Irvine, California, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1207:58-70. 2010..Thus, there is a critical need for new strategies that improve BBB function and limit the development of β-amyloidosis in the cerebral vasculature...
- The Bradykinin B1 Receptor Regulates Aβ Deposition and Neuroinflammation in Tg-SwDI MiceGiselle F Passos
Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California Electronic address
Am J Pathol 182:1740-9. 2013..Therefore, the modulation of the receptor may represent a novel therapeutic approach for AD...
- Experimental investigation of antibody-mediated clearance mechanisms of amyloid-beta in CNS of Tg-SwDI transgenic miceVitaly Vasilevko
The Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, University of California, Irvine, Irvine, California 92697 4540, USA
J Neurosci 27:13376-83. 2007..Thus, approaches that deliver immunotherapy to the brain may be more effective at clearing Abeta than immunization strategies in which the majority of the antibodies are in the periphery...
- Reduction of soluble Abeta and tau, but not soluble Abeta alone, ameliorates cognitive decline in transgenic mice with plaques and tanglesSalvatore Oddo
Departments of Neurobiology and Behavior and Neurology, and Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, University of California, Irvine, California 92697, USA
J Biol Chem 281:39413-23. 2006..Notably, reducing soluble Abeta alone did not improve the cognitive phenotype in mice with plaques and NFTs. Our results show that Abeta immunotherapy reduces soluble tau and ameliorates behavioral deficit in old transgenic mice...