J Mark Vanness
Affiliation: University of the Pacific
- Subclassifying chronic fatigue syndrome through exercise testingJ Mark Vanness
University of the Pacific, Department of Sport Sciences, Stockton, CA 95211, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 35:908-13. 2003..The purpose of this study was to examine physiological responses of persons with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) to a graded exercise test...
- Physical performance and prediction of 2-5A synthetase/RNase L antiviral pathway activity in patients with chronic fatigue syndromeChristopher R Snell
Department of Sport Sciences, University of the Pacific, 3601 Pacific Avenue, Stockton, CA 95211 0197, USA
In Vivo 16:107-9. 2002..001). The elevated RNase L group had a lower peak V02 and duration than the normal group, but a higher KPS. The results suggest that both exercise testing and the RNase L biomarker have potential to aid in the diagnosis of CFS...
- Exercise capacity and immune function in male and female patients with chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS)Christopher R Snell
University of the Pacific, Department of Sport Sciences, Stockton, CA 95211 0197, USA
In Vivo 19:387-90. 2005..These results implicate abnormal immune activity in the pathology of exercise intolerance in CFS and are consistent with a channelopathy involving oxidative stress and nitric oxide-related toxicity...
- Blood lactate and metabolic responses to controlled frequency breathing during graded swimmingSharon A West
Department of Sport Sciences, University of the Pacific, Stockton, California 95211, USA
J Strength Cond Res 19:772-6. 2005..Thus, swim coaches can use CFB at moderate intensities to simulate high-intensity training but should consider adjusting HR training zones to reflect the reduction in HR associated with reduced ventilation...
- Postexertional malaise in women with chronic fatigue syndromeJ Mark Vanness
Pacific Fatigue Laboratory, University of the Pacific, Stockton, California 95211, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 19:239-44. 2010..The purpose of this study was to explore the effects of an exercise challenge on CFS symptoms from a patient perspective...