J A Vanderhoof
Affiliation: University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Short-bowel syndrome in children and adultsJ A Vanderhoof
Department of Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Creighton University, Omaha, USA
Gastroenterology 113:1767-78. 1997..The ultimate role of intestinal transplantation is still undergoing evaluation...
- Saccharomyces boulardii does not stimulate mucosal hyperplasia after intestinal resection in the ratK A Kollman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center/Creighton University, Omaha 68198-5160, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 32:454-7. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Although S. boulardii may stimulate polyamine synthesis, it does not seem to be helpful in augmenting gut adaptation in this animal model of short bowel syndrome...
- The role of eicosanoids in the process of adaptation following massive bowel resection in the ratK A Kollman-Bauerly
Department of Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center/Creighton University, Omaha, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 25:275-81. 2001....
- Correlation of mucosal disaccharidase activities with histology in evaluation of rejection following intestinal transplantationS S Kaufman
Joint Section of Pediatric Gastroenterology, University of Nebraska Medical Center and Creighton University, Omaha, USA
Pediatr Transplant 2:134-8. 1998..The results of this investigation show that determination of mucosal disaccharidase activity provides no additional useful information concerning efficacy of anti-rejection therapy as compared to histologic analysis alone...
- Enteral nutrition in short bowel syndromeJ A Vanderhoof
Department of Pediatrics, University of Nebraska, Omaha, Nebraska 68198-5160, USA
Semin Pediatr Surg 10:65-71. 2001..Information presented is based on current research as well as experience with a large population of pediatric short bowel syndrome patients...
- Allergic disorders of the gastrointestinal tractJ A Vanderhoof
Department of Pediatrics, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198 5160, USA
Curr Opin Clin Nutr Metab Care 4:553-6. 2001..This article will review current information regarding the commonly identified gastrointestinal allergic states, and more detailed information regarding two new allergic entities will also be described...
- Functional liver recovery parallels autologous gut salvage in short bowel syndromeK R Iyer
Section of Transplant Surgery, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
J Pediatr Surg 39:340-4; discussion 340-4. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine apparent improvement in PN-associated liver dysfunction in a cohort of children with short bowel syndrome...