Mark Vander Weg
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Variability in veterans' alcohol use by place of residenceMark W Vander Weg
Comprehensive Access and Delivery Research and Evaluation CADRE Center, Iowa City VA Medical Center, 601 Highway 6 West, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Am J Addict 21:31-7. 2012..001). In addition, veterans living in the Midwest were significantly more likely than those from the South to report drinking and driving (p = .017). No differences in heavy alcohol use were observed based on location of residence. ..
- Use of routine clinical preventive services among daily smokers, non-daily smokers, former smokers, and never-smokersMark W Vander Weg
Comprehensive Access and Delivery Research and Evaluation Center, Iowa City VA Health Care Center, 601 Highway 6 West, Mail Stop 152, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 14:123-30. 2012....
- Adverse childhood experiences and cigarette smoking: the 2009 Arkansas and Louisiana Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance SystemsMark W Vander Weg
Comprehensive Access and Delivery Research and Evaluation Center, Iowa City VA Medical Center, 601 Highway 6 West, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 13:616-22. 2011..Although there is evidence that ACEs are related to an increased risk for cigarette smoking, additional studies in more diverse samples are needed...
- Tobacco use and exposure in rural areas: Findings from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance SystemMark W Vander Weg
Veterans Rural Health Resource Center, Iowa City, IA, USA
Addict Behav 36:231-6. 2011..These findings suggest that those living in rural areas are at increased risk for tobacco-related illness due to both their own tobacco use and exposure to others' cigarette smoke...
- A cluster-randomized effectiveness trial of a physician-pharmacist collaborative model to improve blood pressure controlBarry L Carter
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science, College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 3:418-23. 2010..CLINICAL TRIAL REGISTRATION: URL: http://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT00935077...
- Smoking, parent smoking, depressed mood, and suicidal ideation in teensJason M Hockenberry
Center for Research in the Implementation of Innovative Strategies in Practice, Iowa City VA Medical Center, Iowa City, IA, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 12:235-42. 2010..We address whether smoking is related to suicidal ideation in teens and whether there is evidence of a causal pathway...
- Does cognitive training improve internal locus of control among older adults?Fredric D Wolinsky
Center for Research on the Implementation of Innovative Strategies into Practice, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 65:591-8. 2010....
- Speed of processing training protects self-rated health in older adults: enduring effects observed in the multi-site ACTIVE randomized controlled trialFredric D Wolinsky
Department of Health Management and Policy, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 22:470-8. 2010..We evaluated the effects of cognitive training on self-rated health at 1, 2, 3, and 5 years post-baseline...
- The effect of speed-of-processing training on depressive symptoms in ACTIVEFredric D Wolinsky
Department of Health Management and Policy, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Drive, E205 General Hospital, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 64:468-72. 2009..We evaluated the effects of three cognitive training interventions on depressive symptoms at 1 and 5 years...
- Continued alcohol use in patients with head and neck cancerAndrea E Potash
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Head Neck 32:905-12. 2010..The effect of posttreatment alcohol consumption on health-related quality of life (QOL) and factors predicting overall QOL and continued alcohol consumption were examined in patients with head and neck cancer...
- BLOOD PRESSURE CONTROL IN HYPERTENSIVE SMOKERSMark Vander Weg; Fiscal Year: 2007..We anticipate that those assigned to the BP control program will demonstrate more favorable changes in BP, weight, physical activity, and dietary intake at six- and 12-month follow-ups. ..