Mark Vander Weg
Affiliation: University of Iowa
- Variability in veterans' alcohol use by place of residenceMark W Vander Weg
Comprehensive Access and Delivery Research and Evaluation CADRE Center, Iowa City VA Medical Center, 601 Highway 6 West, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Am J Addict 21:31-7. 2012..001). In addition, veterans living in the Midwest were significantly more likely than those from the South to report drinking and driving (p = .017). No differences in heavy alcohol use were observed based on location of residence. ..
- Use of routine clinical preventive services among daily smokers, non-daily smokers, former smokers, and never-smokersMark W Vander Weg
Comprehensive Access and Delivery Research and Evaluation Center, Iowa City VA Health Care Center, 601 Highway 6 West, Mail Stop 152, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 14:123-30. 2012....
- Adverse childhood experiences and cigarette smoking: the 2009 Arkansas and Louisiana Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance SystemsMark W Vander Weg
Comprehensive Access and Delivery Research and Evaluation Center, Iowa City VA Medical Center, 601 Highway 6 West, Iowa City, IA 52246, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 13:616-22. 2011..Although there is evidence that ACEs are related to an increased risk for cigarette smoking, additional studies in more diverse samples are needed...
- Tobacco use and exposure in rural areas: Findings from the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance SystemMark W Vander Weg
Veterans Rural Health Resource Center, Iowa City, IA, USA
Addict Behav 36:231-6. 2011..These findings suggest that those living in rural areas are at increased risk for tobacco-related illness due to both their own tobacco use and exposure to others' cigarette smoke...
- A cluster-randomized effectiveness trial of a physician-pharmacist collaborative model to improve blood pressure controlBarry L Carter
Department of Pharmacy Practice and Science, College of Pharmacy, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 3:418-23. 2010..The results of this study should provide information on whether this model can be implemented in large numbers of diverse offices, if it is effective in diverse populations, and whether BP control can be sustained long term...
- Smoking, parent smoking, depressed mood, and suicidal ideation in teensJason M Hockenberry
Center for Research in the Implementation of Innovative Strategies in Practice, Iowa City VA Medical Center, Iowa City, IA, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 12:235-42. 2010..We address whether smoking is related to suicidal ideation in teens and whether there is evidence of a causal pathway...
- Does cognitive training improve internal locus of control among older adults?Fredric D Wolinsky
Center for Research on the Implementation of Innovative Strategies into Practice, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 65:591-8. 2010....
- Speed of processing training protects self-rated health in older adults: enduring effects observed in the multi-site ACTIVE randomized controlled trialFredric D Wolinsky
Department of Health Management and Policy, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 22:470-8. 2010..We evaluated the effects of cognitive training on self-rated health at 1, 2, 3, and 5 years post-baseline...
- The effect of speed-of-processing training on depressive symptoms in ACTIVEFredric D Wolinsky
Department of Health Management and Policy, College of Public Health, University of Iowa, 200 Hawkins Drive, E205 General Hospital, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 64:468-72. 2009..We evaluated the effects of three cognitive training interventions on depressive symptoms at 1 and 5 years...
- Continued alcohol use in patients with head and neck cancerAndrea E Potash
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
Head Neck 32:905-12. 2010..The effect of posttreatment alcohol consumption on health-related quality of life (QOL) and factors predicting overall QOL and continued alcohol consumption were examined in patients with head and neck cancer...