CRAIG VANDER KOOI
Affiliation: University of Kentucky
- Mechanism of selective VEGF-A binding by neuropilin-1 reveals a basis for specific ligand inhibitionMatthew W Parker
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry and Center for Structural Biology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e49177. 2012..This establishes that unique mechanisms are used by Nrp receptors to mediate specific ligand binding and that these differences can be exploited to engineer soluble Nrp receptors with specificity for Sema3...
- Megaprimer method for mutagenesis of DNACraig W Vander Kooi
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry and Center for Structural Biology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA Electronic address
Methods Enzymol 529:259-69. 2013..To create mutations in a gene of interest, including point mutations, short insertions, or deletions. ..
- The Prp19 WD40 domain contains a conserved protein interaction region essential for its functionCraig W Vander Kooi
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Structure 18:584-93. 2010..Experiments in vitro and in vivo demonstrate that two molecules of Cwc2 bind to the Prp19 tetramer. These coupled structural and functional studies provide a model for the functional architecture of Prp19...
- Systematic two-hybrid and comparative proteomic analyses reveal novel yeast pre-mRNA splicing factors connected to Prp19Liping Ren
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, corrected United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16719. 2011..Our multi-faceted approach has revealed new low abundance splicing factors connected to NTC function, provides evidence for distinct Prp19 containing complexes, and underscores the role of the Prp19 WD40 domain as a splicing scaffold...
- Structural and functional analysis of essential pre-mRNA splicing factor Prp19pMelanie D Ohi
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:451-60. 2005..These structural and functional data provide a basis for understanding the role of Prp19p as a key architectural component of the NTC...
- Structural insights into the U-box, a domain associated with multi-ubiquitinationMelanie D Ohi
Howard Hughes Medical Institute School of Medicine, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Nat Struct Biol 10:250-5. 2003..These comparative structural and functional analyses imply that the U-box and its associated ubiquitin ligase activity are critical for Prp19p function in vivo...
- The Prp19 U-box crystal structure suggests a common dimeric architecture for a class of oligomeric E3 ubiquitin ligasesCraig W Vander Kooi
Department of Biochemistry, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Biochemistry 45:121-30. 2006....
- Mechanism of Neuropilin Dependent AngiogenesisCRAIG VANDER KOOI; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding how neuropilin works in the formation of new blood vessels will help us understand how this pathway normally functions and how we can block its activity in tumors and related diseases. ..