Marcia L Van Riper
Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Taiwanese nursing students' perceived knowledge and clinical comfort with geneticsChiu Yueh Hsiao
Lambda Beta At Large, College of Nursing, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
J Nurs Scholarsh 43:125-32. 2011..To examine perceived knowledge and clinical comfort with genetics among Taiwanese undergraduate nursing students. Information about the integration of genetics into the nursing curriculum was also assessed...
- Genetic testing for breast and ovarian cancer susceptibility: a family experienceMarcia Van Riper
School of Nursing, Carolina Center for Genome Sciences, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Carrington Hall CB 7460, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 49:210-9. 2004....
- Genetic testing and the familyMarcia Van Riper
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27514, USA
J Midwifery Womens Health 50:227-33. 2005..The guiding framework for this research was the family management style framework developed and refined by Knafl and colleagues...
- Families of children with Down syndrome: responding to "a change in plans" with resilienceMarcia Van Riper
Carolina Center for Genome Sciences, School of Nursing, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 22:116-28. 2007..That is, they are able to endure, survive, and even thrive in the face of ongoing challenges associated with raising a child with Down syndrome...
- Determining nursing faculty development needsBarbara Jo Foley
Director of Continuing Education, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 433 Carrington Hall, CB 7460, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7460, USA
Nurs Outlook 51:227-32. 2003..Based on the needs assessment the task force made eight recommendations to the faculty for an ongoing, comprehensive faculty development program...
- A change of plansMarcia Van Riper
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Am J Nurs 103:71-4. 2003
- The sibling experience of living with childhood chronic illness and disabilityMarcia Van Riper
School of Nursing, Carolina Center for Genome Sciences, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Annu Rev Nurs Res 21:279-302. 2003..Furthermore, intervention studies building on the descriptive research are needed...
- Researching ELSI Research TrainingMarcia Van Riper; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specific Aim 4) Conduct an assessment of the perceived usefulness of the identified core competencies, and develop a research evaluation plan to assess their feasibility for training purposes and the utility of such training...