Robert J Valuck
Affiliation: University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- Spillover effects on treatment of adult depression in primary care after FDA advisory on risk of pediatric suicidality with SSRIsRobert J Valuck
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:1198-205. 2007..The authors examine the effects of this pediatric policy on treatment of adult depression in the community...
- How expensive is antipsychotic polypharmacy? Experience from five US state Medicaid programsRobert J Valuck
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 23:2567-76. 2007..To characterize healthcare costs associated with antipsychotic polypharmacy and to investigate predictors of high-cost patients...
- A retrospective cohort study of correlates of response to pharmacologic therapy for hyperlipidemia in members of a managed care organizationRobert J Valuck
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Clin Ther 25:2936-57. 2003..Few studies have examined the effectiveness of statins in a managed care setting...
- A case-control study on adverse effects: H2 blocker or proton pump inhibitor use and risk of vitamin B12 deficiency in older adultsRobert J Valuck
School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E 9th Ave, C 238, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 57:422-8. 2004..The purpose of this study was to examine the possible association between use of prescription histamine H-2 receptor antagonists (H2RA) or proton pump inhibitors (PPI) and vitamin B(12) deficiency in older adults...
- Antidepressant treatment and risk of suicide attempt by adolescents with major depressive disorder: a propensity-adjusted retrospective cohort studyRobert J Valuck
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
CNS Drugs 18:1119-32. 2004..A large database of paid health insurance claims for adolescents with MDD provided the opportunity to examine this possible relationship...
- Frequency of provider contact after FDA advisory on risk of pediatric suicidality with SSRIsElaine H Morrato
University of Colorado, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:42-50. 2008..In this study, the authors compared trends in the frequency of provider contacts for patients with depression before and after the advisory was issued...
- Statin and statin-fibrate use was significantly associated with increased myositis risk in a managed care populationDavid L McClure
Clinical Research Unit, Kaiser Permanente Colorado, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 60:812-8. 2007..We quantified the risk of myositis associated with statin and fibrate drug use with other covariates within a managed care organization (MCO) population...
- Decline in treatment of pediatric depression after FDA advisory on risk of suicidality with SSRIsAnne M Libby
University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine, Nighthorse Campbell Native Health Building, PO Box 6508, Campus Box F800, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:884-91. 2007....
- Prevalence, utilization patterns, and predictors of antipsychotic polypharmacy: experience in a multistate Medicaid population, 1998-2003Elaine H Morrato
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research Program, Department of Clinical Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado 80262, USA
Clin Ther 29:183-95. 2007....
- Antidepressant discontinuation and risk of suicide attempt: a retrospective, nested case-control studyRobert J Valuck
School of Pharmacy, Anschutz Medical Campus at Fitzsimons, University of Colorado Denver, PO Box 6508, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 70:1069-77. 2009..Gaps remain in understanding risks associated with antidepressant discontinuation in the context of the drug regimen. We assessed the effects of antidepressant discontinuation on the risk of suicide attempt...
- Rates of 5 common antidepressant side effects among new adult and adolescent cases of depression: a retrospective US claims studyHeather D Anderson
University of Colorado Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Denver, CO, USA
Clin Ther 34:113-23. 2012..There is a gap in knowledge of the prevalence of side effects across commonly prescribed antidepressants and the effect of the type of antidepressant on the likelihood of side effects in real-world clinical practice...
- Enhancing electronic health record measurement of depression severity and suicide ideation: a Distributed Ambulatory Research in Therapeutics Network (DARTNet) studyRobert J Valuck
Department of Clinical Pharmacy, Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Colorado, Anschutz Medical Campus, the American Academy of Family Physicians, Denver, CO, USA
J Am Board Fam Med 25:582-93. 2012..Clinical decision making and comparative studies of real-world antidepressant effectiveness are limited by the absence of clinical measures of severity of illness and suicidality...
- Prevalence of baseline serum glucose and lipid testing in users of second-generation antipsychotic drugs: a retrospective, population-based study of Medicaid claims dataElaine H Morrato
Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Colorado at Denver, Aurora, CO 80045 0508, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:316-22. 2008..This study aimed to determine the prevalence of serum glucose and lipid monitoring in public mental health clients initiating second-generation antipsychotic (SGA) drugs...
- Systematic review and meta-analysis of clinically relevant adverse events from HMG CoA reductase inhibitor trials worldwide from 1982 to presentDavid L McClure
Kaiser Foundation Health Plan of Colorado, Clinical Research Unit, Denver, CO 80237 8066, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:132-43. 2007..Our objective was to determine the association of clinically relevant adverse events from a systematic review and meta-analysis of statin randomized controlled trials (RCT)...
- Comparative effectiveness research in DARTNet primary care practices: point of care data collection on hypoglycemia and over-the-counter and herbal use among patients diagnosed with diabetesAnne M Libby
University of Colorado School of Pharmacy, Denver, CO, USA
Med Care 48:S39-44. 2010..DARTNet links information from nonintegrated primary care clinics that use EHRs to deliver ambulatory care to overcome limitations with traditional observational research...
- Effects of a 3-tier pharmacy benefit design on the prescription purchasing behavior of individuals with chronic diseaseKavita V Nair
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, School of Pharmacy, 4200 East Ninth Ave, Box C 238, Denver, CO 80262, USA
J Manag Care Pharm 9:123-33. 2003..To evaluate the impact of 3-tier (copayment) pharmacy benefit structures on medication utilization behavior...
- Vitamin B(12) deficiency associated with histamine(2)-receptor antagonists and a proton-pump inhibitorJ Mark Ruscin
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 E Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262 0001, USA
Ann Pharmacother 36:812-6. 2002..To report a case of vitamin B(12) deficiency associated with long-term use (approximately 4 1/2 y) of histamine(2) (H(2))-receptor antagonists and a proton-pump inhibitor (PPI) in a patient with gastroesophageal reflux...
- Consumer responses to a pharmacy benefit report cardKavita V Nair
School of Pharmacy, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, USA
J Health Care Finance 31:55-72. 2004..The pharmacy benefit report card could be an useful tool for specific populations such as those with an increased need for medication...
- Ecological studies of antidepressant treatment and suicidal risksRoss J Baldessarini
Department of Psychiatry and Neuroscience Program, Harvard Medical School, and International Psychopharmacology Program, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA 02478, USA
Harv Rev Psychiatry 15:133-45. 2007..Overall, as with findings from randomized trials and cohort or case-control studies, evidence of specific antisuicidal effects of antidepressant treatment from ecological analyses remains elusive...