Affiliation: University of Michigan
- A qualitative examination of patient awareness and understanding of type 2 diabetes and oral health care needsMelissa A Valerio
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 93:159-65. 2011..The study examined awareness and understanding of the bidirectional relationship between type 2 diabetes and oral health care in adult patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Understanding of asthma management: Medicaid parents' perspectivesMelissa Valerio
Department of Health Behavior and Health Education, School of Public Health, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Chest 129:594-601. 2006..This article explores parental caregiver perspectives on barriers to asthma care in the Medicaid system...
- Overweight women and management of asthmaMelissa A Valerio
Health Behavior and Health Education, University of Michigan School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2029, USA
Womens Health Issues 19:300-5. 2009..We sought to describe clinical and psychosocial characteristics of overweight women with asthma...
- Examining the association between childhood asthma and parent and grandparent asthma status: implications for practiceMelissa A Valerio
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 49:535-41. 2010..Findings support the collection of family history, including grandparent asthma status...
- Schools' capacity to help low-income, minority children to manage asthmaElizabeth W Anderson
School of Medicine, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
J Sch Nurs 21:236-42. 2005..Data suggest that making school nursing services available is warranted, given the impact of asthma on the school community...
- Case 1: assessment. A new educational program for the parents of children with asthmaNoreen M Clark
University of Michigan, School of Public Health, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 2029, USA
Paediatr Respir Rev 4:347, 349. 2003
- Effectiveness of a community health worker intervention among African American and Latino adults with type 2 diabetes: a randomized controlled trialMichael S Spencer
University of Michigan, School of Social Work, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1106, USA
Am J Public Health 101:2253-60. 2011..We tested the effectiveness of a culturally tailored, behavioral theory-based community health worker intervention for improving glycemic control...
- Issues in identifying asthma and estimating prevalence in an urban school populationNoreen M Clark
University of Michigan School of Public Health, 109 S Observatory Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 55:870-81. 2002..Further, 23% of children with asthma-like symptoms had no prescription for asthma medicine of any type...