Alan M Vajda
Affiliation: University of Colorado Denver
- Demasculinization of male fish by wastewater treatment plant effluentAlan M Vajda
Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, UCB 354, Boulder, CO 80309, United States
Aquat Toxicol 103:213-21. 2011..These results support the hypothesis that the reproductive disruption observed in this watershed is due to endocrine-active chemicals in the WWTP effluent...
- Reproductive disruption in fish downstream from an estrogenic wastewater effluentAlan M Vajda
Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, UCB 354, Boulder, Colorado 80309, USA
Environ Sci Technol 42:3407-14. 2008..These results indicate that the reproductive potential of native fishes may be compromised in wastewater-dominated streams...
- Fish endocrine disruption responses to a major wastewater treatment facility upgradeLarry B Barber
U S Geological Survey, 3215 Marine Street, Boulder, Colorado 80303, United States
Environ Sci Technol 46:2121-31. 2012....
- Intersex and other reproductive disruption of fish in wastewater effluent dominated Colorado streamsJohn D Woodling
University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 144:10-5. 2006..Asynchronous ovarian development was found in some female white suckers downstream of the WWTP effluents, but not upstream. The types and extent of sexual disruption differed in each river studied...
- Effects of steroids and dioxin (2,3,7,8-TCDD) on the developing wolffian ducts of the tiger salamander (Ambystoma tigrinum)Alan M Vajda
Department of Integrative Physiology, Campus Box 354, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 141:1-11. 2005..Technical grade TCDD alone mimics E2 and DHT action but exhibits an androgen-agonistic action in the presence of exogenously administered DHT. Implications of possible interactions between TCDD and xenosteroids are discussed...