Affiliation: University of California
- Conflict-related activity in the caudal anterior cingulate cortex in the absence of awarenessStefan Ursu
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Biol Psychol 80:279-86. 2009..These results suggest that the performance monitoring function of the cACC extends beyond detection of errors made with or without awareness, and involves detection of multiple responses even when they are outside of awareness...
- An initial investigation of the orbitofrontal cortex hyperactivity in obsessive-compulsive disorder: exaggerated representations of anticipated aversive events?Stefan Ursu
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
Neuropsychologia 47:2145-8. 2009..The level of OFC hyperactivity correlated directly with the severity of anxiety symptoms. These results support the hypothesis that OCD is characterized by exaggerated OFC representations of anticipated aversive events...
- Outcome representations, counterfactual comparisons and the human orbitofrontal cortex: implications for neuroimaging studies of decision-makingStefan Ursu
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 23:51-60. 2005..We also discuss some of the implications that these hypotheses have for neuroimaging studies of reward processing and decision-making, and for studies of neuropsychiatric disorders in which these processes are thought to be disturbed...
- Distinguishing expected negative outcomes from preparatory control in the human orbitofrontal cortexStefan Ursu
Department of Psychiatry, University of California Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Brain Res 1227:110-9. 2008..Furthermore, they provide additional converging evidence that the lateral OFC is involved in representing specifically the affective impact of anticipated negative outcomes...
- Multivariate pattern analysis of functional magnetic resonance imaging data reveals deficits in distributed representations in schizophreniaJong H Yoon
Department of Psychiatry and Imaging Research Center, University of California Davis, Sacramento, California 95817, USA
Biol Psychiatry 64:1035-41. 2008..We applied this method to test the hypothesis of the impairment in distributed representations in schizophrenia. We also compared the results of this method with traditional general linear model (GLM)-based univariate analysis...
- Prefrontal cortical deficits and impaired cognition-emotion interactions in schizophreniaStefan Ursu
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Am J Psychiatry 168:276-85. 2011....
- The neural substrates of cognitive control deficits in autism spectrum disordersMarjorie Solomon
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Neuropsychologia 47:2515-26. 2009..In the autism group, reduced fronto-parietal connectivity was related to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder symptoms...
- Diminished orientation-specific surround suppression of visual processing in schizophreniaJong H Yoon
Department of Psychiatry and Imaging Research Center, University of California Davis, 4701 X Street, Sacramento, CA 95817, USA
Schizophr Bull 35:1078-84. 2009..In conjunction with physiological and anatomical evidence from basic and postmortem studies, our results suggest a deficit of inhibition in primary visual cortex in schizophrenia...
- Modafinil shifts human locus coeruleus to low-tonic, high-phasic activity during functional MRIMichael J Minzenberg
Department of Psychiatry, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA, USA
Science 322:1700-2. 2008..These results confirm in humans the role of the LC-NE system in PFC function and cognitive control and suggest a mechanism for therapeutic action of procognitive noradrenergic agents...
- Impaired prefrontal cortical function and disrupted adaptive cognitive control in methamphetamine abusers: a functional magnetic resonance imaging studyRuth Salo
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of California, Davis, USA
Biol Psychiatry 65:706-9. 2009..Deficits in behavioral control are thought to be one contributing factor to the sustainment of addictive behaviors in MA abuse...
- Association of dorsolateral prefrontal cortex dysfunction with disrupted coordinated brain activity in schizophrenia: relationship with impaired cognition, behavioral disorganization, and global functionJong H Yoon
Department of Psychiatry and Imaging Research Center, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, Calif 95817, USA
Am J Psychiatry 165:1006-14. 2008....
- Specificity of prefrontal dysfunction and context processing deficits to schizophrenia in never-medicated patients with first-episode psychosisAngus W MacDonald
Department of Psychology, University of Minnesota, N219 Elliott Hall, 75 E River Rd, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Am J Psychiatry 162:475-84. 2005....
- Overactive action monitoring in obsessive-compulsive disorder: evidence from functional magnetic resonance imagingStefan Ursu
Department of Neuroscience, University of Pittsburgh, USA
Psychol Sci 14:347-53. 2003..These findings suggest that as part of an overactive action-monitoring system, the ACC is more directly involved in the pathophysiology of OCD than previously thought...
- The Human PFC Response to Drug Cues: Outcome Representation vs. Cognitive ControStefan Ursu; Fiscal Year: 2007....