Affiliation: University of California
- Sharing digital teaching resources: breaking down barriers by addressing the concerns of faculty membersSebastian H J Uijtdehaage
David Geffen School of Medicine, Center for Health Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, 90095, USA
Acad Med 78:286-94. 2003..This qualitative study seeks to identify the barriers that block the free exchange of educational multimedia and the incentives that could be created to overcome educators' concerns...
- 'Reflective practice' as a tool for programme evolutionSebastian Uijtdehaage
60 051 Center for Health Sciences, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Box 951722, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Med Educ 41:1094-5. 2007
- Preparedness for caring of cancer survivors: a multi-institutional study of medical students and oncology fellowsSebastian Uijtdehaage
David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Cancer Educ 24:28-32. 2009..Despite recent advances in cancer survivorship knowledge and care, most medical schools lack a comprehensive survivorship curriculum, potentially leaving students ill-prepared for caring of survivors...
- Enhancing the reliability of the multiple mini-interview for selecting prospective health care leadersSebastian Uijtdehaage
Center for Educational Development and Research, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Acad Med 86:1032-9. 2011..The authors sought to determine the reliability of the MMI, potential bias in scores, and the degree of acceptance by interviewers and applicants...
- A framework for developing, implementing, and evaluating a cancer survivorship curriculum for medical studentsSebastian Uijtdehaage
Center for Education Development and Research, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, 60 051 Center for the Health Sciences, Box 951722, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:S491-4. 2009..Cancer survivorship care is not adequately addressed in current medical school curricula...
- Increasing the pool of educational leaders for UCLALuann Wilkerson
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, University of California, Los Angeles, California 90095 1722, USA
Acad Med 81:954-8. 2006..The evaluation data strongly suggest that the MEF has had a major role since its inception in creating a pool of faculty members with the confidence to manage the tasks of educational planning and implementation...
- Gender differences in leadership amongst first-year medical students in the small-group settingNancy L Wayne
Department of Physiology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Acad Med 85:1276-81. 2010..To investigate the extent of gender bias in the volunteerism of small-group leaders amongst first-year medical students, and whether bias could be eliminated with special instructions to the students...
- Two perspectives on the effects of a curriculum change: student experience and the United States medical licensing examination, step 1Luann Wilkerson
David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, 10833 Le Conte Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Acad Med 82:S117-20. 2007..United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE) Step 1 scores were examined for subgroup interactions...
- Eradicating medical student mistreatment: a longitudinal study of one institution's effortsJoyce M Fried
Office of the Dean, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095 1722, USA
Acad Med 87:1191-8. 2012..In this study, the authors examined the incidence, severity, and sources of perceived mistreatment over the 13-year period during which these measures were implemented...
- The heart truth professional education campaign on women and heart disease: needs assessment and evaluation resultsJanet Pregler
Iris Cantor UCLA Women s Health Center, Los Angeles, California 90024, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:1541-7. 2009..Heart disease is the leading cause of death for women in the United States. Research has identified that women are less likely than men to receive medical interventions for the prevention and treatment of heart disease...