Affiliation: University of Wisconsin
- Neuronal activity in substantia nigra pars reticulata during target selectionMichele A Basso
Department of Physiology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
J Neurosci 22:1883-94. 2002..The pause in SNr activity with target selection is consistent with the hypothesis that BG provide a disinhibition for the selection of desired movements...
- Cortical function: a view from the thalamusMichele A Basso
Department of Physiology, University of Wisconsin, Madison Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Neuron 45:485-8. 2005..Proceedings of the meeting will be published in Progress in Brain Research in 2005. In this report, we provide a general overview of the main themes of the meeting...
- Activity of substantia nigra pars reticulata neurons during smooth pursuit eye movements in monkeysMichele A Basso
Department of Physiology, University of Wisconsin Madison, 1300 University Ave Room 127 SMI, Madison, Wisconsin 53706, USA
Eur J Neurosci 22:448-64. 2005..We hypothesize that alterations in this signal in BG diseased states such as Parkinson's may explain in part the deficits observed in smooth pursuit eye movements of these patients...
- Context-dependent effects of substantia nigra stimulation on eye movementsMichele A Basso
Department of Physiology, University of Wisconsin Madison, Medical School, 1300 University Ave, Room 127 SM1, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Neurophysiol 97:4129-42. 2007..The pattern of stimulation effects suggests that SNr influence is widespread, altering the pattern of activity bilaterally across the superior colliculus map of saccades...
- Visual Target Selection for Saccadic Eye MovementsMichele Basso; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..