Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of California
- HSulf-2, an extracellular endoglucosamine-6-sulfatase, selectively mobilizes heparin-bound growth factors and chemokines: effects on VEGF, FGF-1, and SDF-1Kenji Uchimura
Department of Anatomy, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
BMC Biochem 7:2. 2006..To determine whether HSulf-2 modulates the interactions between heparin-binding factors and heparin, we developed an ELISA, in which soluble factors were allowed to bind to immobilized heparin...
- Galactose 6-O-sulfotransferases are not required for the generation of Siglec-F ligands in leukocytes or lung tissueMichael L Patnode
From the Department of Anatomy and Program in Biomedical Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0452
J Biol Chem 288:26533-45. 2013....
- Measuring the activities of the Sulfs: two novel heparin/heparan sulfate endosulfatasesKenji Uchimura
Department of Anatomy, Program in Immunology, UCSF, USA
Methods Enzymol 416:243-53. 2006..The example illustrated is vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF). This assay is projected to be very useful in the investigation of the biological functions of the Sulfs...
- Sulf-2, a proangiogenic heparan sulfate endosulfatase, is upregulated in breast cancerMegumi Morimoto-Tomita
Department of Anatomy and the UCSF Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, 94143 0452, USA
Neoplasia 7:1001-10. 2005..In support of the possible mechanistic relevance of Sulf-2 upregulation in tumors, purified recombinant Sulf-2 promoted angiogenesis in the chick chorioallantoic membrane assay...
- Sulfated L-selectin ligands as a therapeutic target in chronic inflammationKenji Uchimura
Department of Anatomy and Program in Immunology, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Trends Immunol 27:559-65. 2006..Experiments in a sheep model of asthma demonstrate that a chronic inflammatory disease can be ameliorated by targeting PNAd...
- KSGal6ST generates galactose-6-O-sulfate in high endothelial venules but does not contribute to L-selectin-dependent lymphocyte homingMichael L Patnode
Department of Anatomy and Program in Biomedical Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Glycobiology 23:381-94. 2013..These results refine our understanding of the biological ligands for L-selectin and introduce a mouse model for investigating the functions of Gal6S in other contexts...
- Cloning and characterization of two extracellular heparin-degrading endosulfatases in mice and humansMegumi Morimoto-Tomita
Department of Anatomy, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
J Biol Chem 277:49175-85. 2002..Taken together, our results establish that the mammalian Sulfs are extracellular endosulfatases with strong potential for modulating the interactions of heparan sulfate proteoglycans in the extracellular microenvironment...
- Compositional profiling of heparin/heparan sulfate using mass spectrometry: assay for specificity of a novel extracellular human endosulfataseOla M Saad
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Glycobiology 15:818-26. 2005..Proof of principle was performed by using various heparin/HS samples isolated from bovine and porcine tissues...
- A major class of L-selectin ligands is eliminated in mice deficient in two sulfotransferases expressed in high endothelial venulesKenji Uchimura
Department of Anatomy, Program in Immunology, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Nat Immunol 6:1105-13. 2005..Our results establish an essential function for the sulfotransferases in L-selectin ligand synthesis and may have relevance for therapy of inflammatory diseases...