Affiliation: University of Texas Medical Branch
- Triglycerides produced in the livers of fasting rabbits are predominantly stored as opposed to secreted into the plasmaDemidmaa Tuvdendorj
Department of Metabolism Unit, Shriners Hospital for Children, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77550, USA Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77550, USA Electronic address
Metabolism 64:580-7. 2015..The liver plays a central role in regulating fat metabolism; however, it is not clear how the liver distributes the synthesized triglycerides (TGs) to storage and to the plasma...
- Comparison of bolus injection and constant infusion methods for measuring muscle protein fractional synthesis rate in humansDemidmaa Tuvdendorj
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX Shriners Hospitals for Children, Galveston, TX Electronic address
Metabolism 63:1562-7. 2014..In this study, we compared calf (gastrocnemius) muscle protein FSR measured using these two different methods--CI and BI...
- A novel stable isotope tracer method to measure muscle protein fractional breakdown rate during a physiological non-steady-state conditionDemidmaa Tuvdendorj
Metabolism Unit, Shriners Hospital for Children, Galveston, TX, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 304:E623-30. 2013..05). This new method of measuring muscle protein FBR during physiological non-steady state gives reliable results and allows simultaneous measurement of muscle protein FSR and thus a calculation of NB...
- Long-term oxandrolone treatment increases muscle protein net deposition via improving amino acid utilization in pediatric patients 6 months after burn injuryDemidmaa Tuvdendorj
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555 1220, USA
Surgery 149:645-53. 2011..In the current study, we evaluated whether oxandrolone treatment affects mechanisms of protein turnover in skeletal muscle and whole-body protein breakdown in pediatric burn patients 6 months postinjury...
- Acute hyperinsulinemia and reduced plasma free fatty acid levels decrease intramuscular triglyceride synthesisXiao Jun Zhang
Metabolism Unit, Shriners Hospital for Children, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77550, USA
Metabolism 62:44-51. 2013..To investigate the effect of acute hyperinsulinemia and the resulting decrease in plasma free fatty acid (FFA) concentrations on intramuscular TG synthesis...
- Intensive insulin treatment increases donor site wound protein synthesis in burn patientsDemidmaa Tuvdendorj
Metabolism Unit, Shriners Hospital for Children, Galveston, TX 77550 1220, USA
Surgery 149:512-8. 2011..We investigated whether intensive insulin treatment increases fractional synthesis rate (FSR) of the donor site wound protein and decreases the length of hospitalization normalized for total body surface area burned (LOS/TBSA)...
- Measurement of precursor enrichment for calculating intramuscular triglyceride fractional synthetic rateXiao Jun Zhang
Metabolism Unit, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX, USA
J Lipid Res 53:119-25. 2012..IM palmitoyl-carnitine enrichment was an acceptable surrogate of the precursor enrichment because it was less affected by in vitro lipid breakdown after sampling...
- Skeletal muscle is anabolically unresponsive to an amino acid infusion in pediatric burn patients 6 months postinjuryDemidmaa Tuvdendorj
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston, TX, USA
Ann Surg 253:592-7. 2011..To evaluate leg muscle, whole-body muscle, and whole-body nonmuscle protein response to anabolic signaling of amino acids in pediatric burn patients at 6 months after injury...
- Adult patients are more catabolic than children during acute phase after burn injury: a retrospective analysis on muscle protein kineticsDemidmaa Tuvdendorj
Department of Surgery, Metabolism Unit, Shriners Hospital for Children, University of Texas Medical Branch, 815 Market Street, Galveston, TX 77555 1220, USA
Intensive Care Med 37:1317-22. 2011..This study was performed to determine if there is an age-related specificity in the response of muscle protein metabolism to severe burn injury during acute hospitalization. This is a retrospective analysis of previously published data...
- Donor site wound protein synthesis correlates with length of acute hospitalization in severely burned childrenDemidmaa Tuvdendorj
Department of Surgery, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77550 1220, USA
Wound Repair Regen 18:277-83. 2010..Measurement of protein deposition in regenerating donor site wound using stable isotope technique provides a quantitative measure of wound healing...
- Amino acids stimulate leg muscle protein synthesis in peripheral arterial diseaseLois A Killewich
Department of Surgery, The University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX 77555, USA
J Vasc Surg 45:554-9; discussion 559-60. 2007..In this study, we investigated whether amino acid supplementation would improve leg muscle protein synthesis in elderly PAD subjects, given that reduced leg blood flow might restrict the availability of amino acids to muscle...