A K Tuteja
Affiliation: University of Utah
- Double-blind placebo-controlled study of mesalamine in post-infective irritable bowel syndrome--a pilot studyAshok K Tuteja
Division of Gastroenterology, University of Utah, School of Medicine, 30 N 1900 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Scand J Gastroenterol 47:1159-64. 2012..Mesalamine is an anti-inflammatory agent, effective in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease. The goal of this study was to compare mesalamine to placebo on symptoms and quality-of-life (QOL) in PI-IBS...
- Development of functional diarrhea, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, and dyspepsia during and after traveling outside the USAAshok K Tuteja
George E Wahlen VA Medical Center, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Dig Dis Sci 53:271-6. 2008..The objective of this retrospective study was to evaluate the prevalence of persistent GI symptoms in a healthy cohort of travelers...
- Lubiprostone for constipation and irritable bowel syndrome with constipationAshok K Tuteja
Division of Gastroenterology, George E Wahlen Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Expert Rev Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:727-33. 2008..Nausea, diarrhea and headaches are the most commonly reported side effects. In long-term studies, lubiprostone appears to be safe...
- Opioid-induced bowel disorders and narcotic bowel syndrome in patients with chronic non-cancer painA K Tuteja
Division of Gastroenterology, George E Wahlen VA Medical Center, University of Utah, UT 84132, USA
Neurogastroenterol Motil 22:424-30, e96. 2010..We assessed the risk factors, and effect of OBD on HRQoL in CNCP patients. We also estimated the likely prevalence of narcotic bowel syndrome (NBS). These effects have been reported in cancer patients but not in CNCP previously...
- Comparison of air-coupled balloon esophageal and anorectal manometry catheters with solid-state esophageal manometry and water-perfused anorectal manometry cathetersJohn C Fang
Department of Gastroenterology, University of Utah Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132, USA
Dig Dis Sci 49:1657-63. 2004....
- Abdominal bloating in employed adults: prevalence, risk factors, and association with other bowel disordersAshok K Tuteja
George E Wahlen V A Medical Center, and University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1241-8. 2008..AND AIMS: We report on risk factors for bloating, its relationship to physical activity and quality of life (QOL), and its predictive value for functional bowel disorders...
- Dyssynergic defecation: demographics, symptoms, stool patterns, and quality of lifeSatish S C Rao
Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Clin Gastroenterol 38:680-5. 2004..Most patients with dyssynergia reported an excessive need to strain, feeling of incomplete evacuation and abdominal bloating and one half used digital maneuvers. It significantly affected quality of life, particularly in women...
- Is constipation associated with decreased physical activity in normally active subjects?Ashok K Tuteja
V A Medical Center and University of Utah, 30 N 1900 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84132, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 100:124-9. 2005..We examined the associations among physical activity, constipation, and quality of life (QoL) in a population of employed adults to determine whether the risk of constipation is related to physical activity...