Genomes and Genes
Thomas L Turner
Affiliation: University of California
- Genomic islands of speciation in Anopheles gambiaeThomas L Turner
Center for Population Biology, University of California, Davis, California, USA
PLoS Biol 3:e285. 2005..Concentrating future mapping experiments on these regions should reveal the genes responsible for reproductive isolation between forms...
- Locus- and population-specific selection and differentiation between incipient species of Anopheles gambiaeThomas L Turner
Center for Population Biology, University of California, Davis, USA
Mol Biol Evol 24:2132-8. 2007..There is reduced variation in the M form in Cameroon at this location and increased divergence to the outgroup Anopheles arabiensis, supporting an association of adaptation with reproductive isolation...
- Genomic analysis of adaptive differentiation in Drosophila melanogasterThomas L Turner
Center for Population Biology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Genetics 179:455-73. 2008..This portrait of differentiation provides a genomic perspective on adaptation and the maintenance of variation through spatially varying selection...
- Population resequencing reveals local adaptation of Arabidopsis lyrata to serpentine soilsThomas L Turner
Molecular and Computational Biology, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Nat Genet 42:260-3. 2010..lyrata indicates parallel differentiation of the same polymorphism at one locus, confirming ecological adaptation, and different polymorphisms at two other loci, which may indicate convergent evolution...
- Investigating natural variation in Drosophila courtship song by the evolve and resequence approachThomas L Turner
Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara, California 93106, USA
Genetics 191:633-42. 2012..Though our power was adequate using this experimental technique, the ability to differentiate causal variants from those affected by linked selection requires further development...
- Genomic analysis of differentiation between soil types reveals candidate genes for local adaptation in Arabidopsis lyrataThomas L Turner
Center for Population Biology, University of California Davis, Davis, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e3183. 2008..One gene in particular, calcium-exchanger 7, appears to be an excellent candidate gene for adaptation to low CaratioMg ratio in A. lyrata...
- Population-based resequencing of experimentally evolved populations reveals the genetic basis of body size variation in Drosophila melanogasterThomas L Turner
Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology Department, University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, California, USA
PLoS Genet 7:e1001336. 2011..By using significantly associated polymorphisms as a priori candidates in follow-up studies, these data are expected to provide considerable power to determine the genetic basis of natural variation in body size...