Anne M Turner
Affiliation: University of Washington
- From the ground up: information needs of nurses in a rural public health department in OregonAnne M Turner
Center for Public Health Informatics, Department of Health Services, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, 1100 Northeast 45th Street, Suite 405, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 96:335-42. 2008..The research identified and assessed information needs and resources of public health nurses in a local health department...
- Access and use of the Internet for health information seeking: a survey of local public health professionals in the northwestAnne M Turner
Center for Public Health Informatics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 15:67-9. 2009..Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (80%) and state health department (60%) sites were used most commonly. These findings can be used to improve public health Web sites and support decision making in practice...
- Local health department translation processes: potential of machine translation technologies to help meet needsAnne M Turner
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2013:1378-85. 2013..Thirteen LHDs have used online MT tools. Many respondents expressed concerns about the accuracy of MT. Overall, respondents were positive about its potential use, if low costs and quality could be assured. ..
- Using crowdsourcing technology for testing multilingual public health promotion materialsAnne M Turner
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Med Internet Res 14:e79. 2012..As a result, adequate feedback from target populations is often insufficient due to the time and resource constraints characteristic to public health...
- Modeling public health interventions for improved access to the gray literatureAnne M Turner
School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 93:487-94. 2005..This paper summarizes the development of a model for representing gray literature documents concerning PH interventions...
- Understanding the information needs of public health practitioners: a literature review to inform design of an interactive digital knowledge management systemDebra Revere
Center for Public Health Informatics, University of Washington, Box 357155, Seattle, WA 98195 7155, USA
J Biomed Inform 40:410-21. 2007..The goal of the system is to support the collection, management, and retrieval of public health documents, data, learning objects, and tools...
- Exploring local public health workflow in the context of automated translation technologiesHannah Mandel
Department of Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
AMIA Annu Symp Proc 2013:939-45. 2013....
- Scenario-based design: a method for connecting information system design with public health operations and emergency managementBlaine Reeder
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Biomed Inform 44:978-88. 2011..We applied scenario-based design as an approach to engage public health practitioners in the creation and validation of an information design to support routine and emergency public health activities...
- A resource management tool for public health continuity of operations during disastersAnne M Turner
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Disaster Med Public Health Prep 7:146-52. 2013..We developed and validated a user-centered information system to support the local planning of public health continuity of operations for the Community Health Services Division, Public Health - Seattle & King County, Washington...
- Scenarios, personas and user stories: user-centered evidence-based design representations of communicable disease investigationsAnne M Turner
Department of Health Services, School of Public Health, University of Washington, Box 354809, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Biomed Inform 46:575-84. 2013....
- Application of statistical machine translation to public health information: a feasibility studyKatrin Kirchhoff
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:473-8. 2011..This article presents a pilot study on the feasibility of using freely available statistical machine translation technology to translate health promotion materials...