Anne M Turner
Affiliation: University of Washington
- From the ground up: information needs of nurses in a rural public health department in OregonAnne M Turner
Center for Public Health Informatics, Department of Health Services, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, 1100 Northeast 45th Street, Suite 405, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 96:335-42. 2008..The research identified and assessed information needs and resources of public health nurses in a local health department...
- Access and use of the Internet for health information seeking: a survey of local public health professionals in the northwestAnne M Turner
Center for Public Health Informatics, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 15:67-9. 2009..Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (80%) and state health department (60%) sites were used most commonly. These findings can be used to improve public health Web sites and support decision making in practice...
- Using crowdsourcing technology for testing multilingual public health promotion materialsAnne M Turner
Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Med Internet Res 14:e79. 2012..As a result, adequate feedback from target populations is often insufficient due to the time and resource constraints characteristic to public health...
- Modeling public health interventions for improved access to the gray literatureAnne M Turner
School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Med Libr Assoc 93:487-94. 2005..This paper summarizes the development of a model for representing gray literature documents concerning PH interventions...
- Understanding the information needs of public health practitioners: a literature review to inform design of an interactive digital knowledge management systemDebra Revere
Center for Public Health Informatics, University of Washington, Box 357155, Seattle, WA 98195 7155, USA
J Biomed Inform 40:410-21. 2007..The goal of the system is to support the collection, management, and retrieval of public health documents, data, learning objects, and tools...
- Scenario-based design: a method for connecting information system design with public health operations and emergency managementBlaine Reeder
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Biomed Inform 44:978-88. 2011..We applied scenario-based design as an approach to engage public health practitioners in the creation and validation of an information design to support routine and emergency public health activities...
- Application of statistical machine translation to public health information: a feasibility studyKatrin Kirchhoff
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:473-8. 2011..This article presents a pilot study on the feasibility of using freely available statistical machine translation technology to translate health promotion materials...