C B Turer
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- Pediatricians' communication about weight with overweight Latino children and their parentsChristy B Turer
Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas Children s Medical Center Dallas, Dallas, Texas
Pediatrics 134:892-9. 2014..To examine pediatrician weight-management communication with overweight Latino children and their parents and whether communication differs by pediatrician-patient language congruency...
- Do high-risk preschoolers or overweight mothers meet AAP-recommended behavioral goals for reducing obesity?Christy Boling Turer
Departments of Pediatrics and Medicine, UT Southwestern and Children s Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Acad Pediatr 13:243-50. 2013..It is unclear how often high-risk preschoolers and overweight mothers meet recommended behavior goals and whether meeting these goals is negatively associated with overweight/obesity...
- Health status, emotional/behavioral problems, health care use, and expenditures in overweight/obese US children/adolescentsChristy Boling Turer
Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
Acad Pediatr 13:251-8. 2013..To examine the association of overweight/obesity with health, health care utilization, and expenditures in a national sample of 10- to 17-year-old children and adolescents...
- Prevalence of vitamin D deficiency among overweight and obese US childrenChristy B Turer
Division of General Pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9063, USA
Pediatrics 131:e152-61. 2013..Although excess body weight is associated with risk of vitamin D deficiency, the national prevalence of and risk factors associated with vitamin D deficiency in overweight and obese children are unknown...
- Low HDL predicts differential blood pressure effects from two weight-loss approaches: a secondary analysis of blood pressure from a randomized, clinical weight-loss trialC B Turer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Texas Southwestern, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9063, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 14:375-8. 2012..03 for systolic BP; p = 0.03 for diastolic BP and p = 0.02 for mean arterial pressure). A low HDL level may identify patients who will have greater BP improvement on a low-carbohydrate diet...
- Adipose tissue mass and location affect circulating adiponectin levelsA T Turer
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX 75390 8521, USA
Diabetologia 54:2515-24. 2011..Plasma levels of adiponectin are inversely associated with body mass. We hypothesised that adipose tissue distribution and body composition influences adiponectin levels...