EVREN C TUMER
Affiliation: University of California
- Performance variability enables adaptive plasticity of 'crystallized' adult birdsongEVREN C TUMER
Keck Center for Integrative Neuroscience, Sloan Swartz Center for Theoretical Neurobiology, Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0444, USA
Nature 450:1240-4. 2007..More generally, our results suggest that residual variability in well learned skills is not entirely noise but rather reflects meaningful motor exploration that can support continuous learning and optimization of performance...
- Variable sequencing is actively maintained in a well learned motor skillTimothy L Warren
Center for Integrative Neuroscience, Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94158, USA
J Neurosci 32:15414-25. 2012..Together, our results indicate that variable sequencing in a motor skill can reflect an end point of learning that is stably maintained via continual self-monitoring...
- Mechanisms and time course of vocal learning and consolidation in the adult songbirdTimothy L Warren
Keck Center for Integrative Neuroscience, Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0444, USA
J Neurophysiol 106:1806-21. 2011..The results support an emerging view that cortical-basal ganglia circuits can direct the initial expression of learning via top-down influences on primary motor circuitry...
- Learning the microstructure of successful behaviorJonathan D Charlesworth
W M Keck Center for Integrative Neuroscience, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Nat Neurosci 14:373-80. 2011..This learning rule accurately predicted the structure of learning at a millisecond timescale, demonstrating that the nervous system records fine-grained details of successful behavior and uses this information to guide learning...
- Adaptive error correction in the adult bird song systemEvren Tumer; Fiscal Year: 2008..The behavioral changes observed will be followed up through electrophysiological investigation of the song system nuclei known to be involved with sensory evaluation and motor production. ..