Affiliation: University of North Carolina
- Kinetic models for the coordinated stepping of cytoplasmic dyneinDenis Tsygankov
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Chem Phys 130:025101. 2009..Finally, we use the results of these investigations to develop a full model for dimeric dynein's chemomechanical cycle and analyze this model to make experimentally testable predictions...
- Enabled negatively regulates diaphanous-driven actin dynamics in vitro and in vivoColleen G Bilancia
Biology Department, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Dev Cell 28:394-408. 2014..Consistent with this, EnaEVH1 binds Dia directly and inhibits DiaFH1FH2-mediated nucleation in vitro. Finally, Ena rescues hemocyte migration defects caused by activated Dia...
- Dissecting motility signaling through activation of specific Src-effector complexesAndrei V Karginov
1 Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA 2
Nat Chem Biol 10:286-90. 2014..Activation of Src in the cytoplasm versus at the cell membrane also produced distinct phenotypes. The conserved nature of the kinase site modified for RapRTAP indicates that the technique can be applied to many kinases. ..
- Multiscale approaches for studying energy transduction in dyneinAdrian W R Serohijos
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Phys Chem Chem Phys 11:4840-50. 2009..Third, we present a kinetic model of the coordination between the two dynein heads. Lastly, we investigate the various potential geometries of the dimer during its hydrolytic and stepping cycle...
- A physical model reveals the mechanochemistry responsible for dynein's processive motionDenis Tsygankov
Department of Pharmacology, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Biophys J 101:144-50. 2011....
- User-friendly tools for quantifying the dynamics of cellular morphology and intracellular protein clustersDenis Tsygankov
Department of Pharmacology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA
Methods Cell Biol 123:409-27. 2014..We describe these methods and user-friendly software(1) (MATLAB applications with graphical user interfaces) so these tools can be readily applied without an extensive knowledge of computational techniques. ..
- CellGeo: A computational platform for the analysis of shape changes in cells with complex geometriesDenis Tsygankov
Department of Pharmacology, 2 Department of Biology, and 3 Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599
J Cell Biol 204:443-60. 2014....
- A quantitative model for age-dependent expression of the p16INK4a tumor suppressorDenis Tsygankov
Departments of Pharmacology, Medicine, and Genetics, and the Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16562-7. 2009..This analysis is most consistent with the model that p16(INK4a) expression monotonically increases with age, and higher expression is associated with increased subject attrition...