Genomes and Genes
Karen D Tsuchiya
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Comparative sequence and x-inactivation analyses of a domain of escape in human xp11.2 and the conserved segment in mouseKaren D Tsuchiya
Division of Genetic Medicine, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
Genome Res 14:1275-84. 2004..Our findings indicate that genomic context, as well as gene-specific regulatory elements, interact to determine expression of a gene from the inactive X-chromosome...
- Fluorescence in situ hybridizationKaren D Tsuchiya
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Box 357110, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Clin Lab Med 31:525-42, vii-viii. 2011..FISH also continues to be widely used in conjunction with banded chromosome analysis, and as a stand-alone technique for the detection of genomic alterations in neoplastic disorders...
- Unexpected structural complexity of supernumerary marker chromosomes characterized by microarray comparative genomic hybridizationKaren D Tsuchiya
Department of Laboratories, Children s Hospital and Regional Medical Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Mol Cytogenet 1:7. 2008..In this study, we describe four patients who possess one or more SMCs (a total of eight SMCs in all four patients) that were characterized by microarray comparative genomic hybridization (array CGH)...
- Variability in interpreting and reporting copy number changes detected by array-based technology in clinical laboratoriesKaren D Tsuchiya
Department of Laboratories, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, Washington, USA
Genet Med 11:866-73. 2009..The purpose of this study was to assess the variability in interpretation and reporting of copy number changes that are detected by array-based technology in the clinical laboratory...
- Candidate metastasis suppressor genes uncovered by array comparative genomic hybridization in a mouse allograft model of prostate cancerYajun Yi
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and Department of Laboratories, Seattle Children s Hospital, WA, USA
Mol Cytogenet 2:18. 2009..We performed high resolution array comparative genomic hybridization on the metastasizing and non-metastasizing allografts to identify chromosome imbalances that differed between the two groups of tumors...
- Boundaries between chromosomal domains of X inactivation and escape bind CTCF and lack CpG methylation during early developmentGalina N Filippova
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Dev Cell 8:31-42. 2005..Furthermore, the evolution of X chromosome domains appears to be associated with repositioning of chromatin boundary elements...
- TGF-beta receptor inactivation and mutant Kras induce intestinal neoplasms in mice via a beta-catenin-independent pathwayPatty Trobridge
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Gastroenterology 136:1680-8.e7. 2009..The RAS-RAF-ERK pathway is frequently up-regulated in colon cancer via mutational activation of KRAS or BRAF. We assessed how these pathways interact in vivo and affect formation of colorectal tumors...
- Activation of the chromosome 19q microRNA cluster in sporadic and androgenetic-biparental mosaicism-associated hepatic mesenchymal hamartomaRaj P Kapur
1 Department of Laboratories, Seattle Children s Hospital, Seattle, WA, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 17:75-84. 2014..The findings support a pathogenetic model for mesenchymal hamartoma as a consequence of "ectopic" activation of C19MC in hepatic stroma, due to either chromosomal rearrangements or paternal uniparental disomy...
- Recurrent 200-kb deletions of 16p11.2 that include the SH2B1 gene are associated with developmental delay and obesityRuxandra Bachmann-Gagescu
Division of Genetic Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington, USA
Genet Med 12:641-7. 2010..The purpose of this study was to better define the phenotype of this recurrent SH2B1-containing microdeletion in a cohort of phenotypically abnormal patients not selected for obesity...
- The Smo/Smo model: hedgehog-induced medulloblastoma with 90% incidence and leptomeningeal spreadBeryl A Hatton
Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Cancer Res 68:1768-76. 2008..The Smo/Smo model is the first mouse medulloblastoma model to show leptomeningeal spread. The adherence to human pathology, high incidence, and early onset of tumors thus make Smo/Smo mice an efficient model for preclinical studies...
- Comparative analysis of PCR-based biomarker assay methods for colorectal polyp detection from fecal DNAChristoph Ausch
Division of Clinical Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Clin Chem 55:1559-63. 2009..Aberrantly methylated genes are promising biomarkers for the detection of colon adenomas and colorectal cancers (CRCs). The optimal assay type and specific methylated genes for these assays remain to be determined...