Elaine C Tsai
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Association of bioavailable, free, and total testosterone with insulin resistance: influence of sex hormone-binding globulin and body fatElaine C Tsai
Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System and the University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98108, USA
Diabetes Care 27:861-8. 2004....
- The association between birth weight and visceral fat in middle-age adultsMarguerite J McNeely
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Division of General Internal Medicine, and Veterans Affairs Epidemiologic Research and Information Center, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, 98105 4608, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 15:816-9. 2007..The purpose of this study is to test the hypothesis that lower birth weight is associated with increased amounts of visceral fat in middle-age adults...
- Equivalent insulin resistance in latent autoimmune diabetes in adults (LADA) and type 2 diabetic patientsHarvey K Chiu
Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, Department of Medicine, Division of Metabolism, Endocrinology and Nutrition, University of Washington Seattle, WA, United States
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 77:237-44. 2007..As complications and treatment regimens specific to LADA are realized, improved means of identification of LADA will become increasingly important...
- How do sock ply changes affect residual-limb fluid volume in people with transtibial amputation?Joan E Sanders
Department of Bioengineering, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 49:241-56. 2012..Results are relevant for the anticipation of limb volume changes during prosthetic fitting and toward the design of adjustable-socket technologies...
- Is central obesity associated with cirrhosis-related death or hospitalization? A population-based, cohort studyGeorge N Ioannou
Health Services Research and Development and Northwest Hepatitis C Resource Centers, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound System, Seattle, Washington, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 3:67-74. 2005..We aimed to determine the interaction between body fat distribution (central versus peripheral) and increased body mass index (BMI) with regards to the risk of cirrhosis-related death or hospitalization...