Jennifer L Troyer
Affiliation: University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- The effect of home-delivered Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension (DASH) meals on the diets of older adults with cardiovascular diseaseJennifer L Troyer
Department of Economics, Belk College of Business, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC 28223 0001, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 91:1204-12. 2010..However, there is little information regarding whether therapeutic meals designed around Dietary Approach to Stop Hypertension (DASH) principles have a beneficial effect on the diets of these older adults...
- Complaints against nursing homes: comparing two sources of complaint information and predictors of complaintsJennifer L Troyer
Department of Economics, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC 28223 0001, USA
Gerontologist 51:516-29. 2011..This article describes these complaints, considers facility-level predictors of complaints, and examines how complaints to the 2 entities are related...
- Cost-effectiveness of medical nutrition therapy and therapeutically designed meals for older adults with cardiovascular diseaseJennifer L Troyer
Department of Economics, Belk College of Business, University of North Carolina, NC 28223 0001, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 110:1840-51. 2010....
- Environmental contexts of ultimate decisions: why White nursing home residents are twice as likely as African American residents to have an advance directiveJennifer L Troyer
Department of Economics, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC 28223, USA
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 61:S194-202. 2006....
- The influence of home-delivered dietary approaches to stop hypertension meals on body mass index, energy intake, and percent of energy needs consumed among older adults with hypertension and/or hyperlipidemiaElizabeth F Racine
Department of Public Health Sciences, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, NC 28223, USA
J Acad Nutr Diet 112:1755-62. 2012..It is unclear whether participation in home-delivered meal programs similar to the Older Americans Act home-delivered meals program influence weight status among older adults with hypertension and/or hyperlipidemia...
- Medicaid enrollee switching among managed care plansWilliam P Brandon
Department of Political Science, University of North Carolina, Charlotte, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 16:760-79. 2005..Policy implications included the suitability of Medicaid populations for managed care and the need for more research on switching and disenrollment and the Medicaid innovation of neutral health benefits advising...
- Examining differences in death rates for medicaid and non-medicaid nursing home residentsJennifer L Troyer
Department of Economics and the Department of Health Behavior and Administration, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, North Carolina 28223, USA
Med Care 42:985-91. 2004..The purpose of this work was to examine differences in the probability of death for Medicaid and privately funded nursing home residents, controlling for differences in facility, market, and resident characteristics...
- Trends in potentially avoidable hospitalizations among adults in Tennessee, 1998-2006Cyril F Chang
Department of Economics, The University of Memphis, Memphis, TN, USA
Tenn Med 104:35-8, 45. 2011..These long-term trends may also suggest changes in the underlying factors such as lifestyle choices and dietary practices of individuals and families...
- The impact of litigation on nursing home qualityJennifer L Troyer
Economics Department, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
J Health Polit Policy Law 29:11-42. 2004..Our results suggest that legal claims may result from quality problems that go unmeasured during the inspection process. However, more research in this area is warranted...
- Epizootiology and management of feline leukemia virus in the Florida pumaMark W Cunningham
Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, 1105 SW Williston Road, Gainesville, Florida 32601, USA
J Wildl Dis 44:537-52. 2008..Vaccinations were concentrated in OKS and in a band between OKS and the remainder of the puma population. There have been no new cases since July 2004; however, the potential for reintroduction of the virus remains...