Matthew J Trowbridge
Affiliation: University of Virginia
- Healthy eating design guidelines for school architectureTerry T K Huang
University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Public Health, Omaha, NE, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E27. 2013..The new tool, now in a pilot version, is expected to evolve as its components are tested and evaluated through public health and design research...
- Urban sprawl and miles driven daily by teenagers in the United StatesMatthew J Trowbridge
Department of Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine and Center for Applied Biomechanics, School of Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Am J Prev Med 34:202-6. 2008..Teen driver fatality rates per mile driven are significantly higher than adults, making the identification of environmental influences on travel behavior particularly important in this age group...
- Urban sprawl and delayed ambulance arrival in the U.SMatthew J Trowbridge
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA 22908 0699, USA
Am J Prev Med 37:428-32. 2009..Minimizing emergency medical service (EMS) response time is a central objective of prehospital care, yet the potential influence of built environment features such as urban sprawl on EMS system performance is often not considered...
- Rear-seat motor vehicle travel in the U.S.: using national data to define a population at riskMatthew J Trowbridge
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia Health School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908 0699, USA
Am J Prev Med 37:321-3. 2009..Safe adaptation of advanced front-seat restraint systems for the rear-seat environment will require exposure data that are currently unavailable...
- Postmortem computed tomography as an adjunct to autopsy for analyzing fatal motor vehicle crash injuries: results of a pilot studyMark R Sochor
Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan Injury Research Center, University of Michigan Health System, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Trauma 65:659-65. 2008..However, there are only limited data regarding the utility of PMCT for analysis of fatal MVC injuries...
- Comparison of teen driver fatality rates by vehicle type in the United StatesMatthew J Trowbridge
Injury Research Center, Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Acad Emerg Med 14:850-5. 2007..To compare national fatality rates for teen drivers by vehicle type...
- Overcoming legal liability concerns for school-based physical activity promotionSara Zimmerman
Sara Zimmerman and Karen Kramer are with the National Policy and Legal Analysis Network to Prevent Childhood Obesity, ChangeLab Solutions, Oakland, CA Matthew J Trowbridge is with the Department of Emergency Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville
Am J Public Health 103:1962-7. 2013..We also recommend approaches to help schools overcome their liability concerns and adopt these critically needed healthy school policies...
- Injury reporting on local TV news: a prime-time opportunity for preventionJames M Pribble
Department of Emergency Medicine, Robert Wood Johnson Scholars in Health Policy Research, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0437, USA
Am J Prev Med 34:420-3. 2008..Local television news is America's primary source of information and may be an opportunity to shape public opinion surrounding issues such as injury prevention...
- Violence and substance use as risk factors for depressive symptoms among adolescents in an urban emergency departmentAbby L Goldstein
Department of Psychology, York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Adolesc Health 40:276-9. 2007..Using a hierarchical multivariate model, significant risk factors for increasing depression symptoms included female gender, increased involvement in substance use and greater exposure to community violence...
- Intentional injury management and prevention in pediatric practice: results from 1998 and 2003 American Academy of Pediatrics Periodic SurveysMatthew J Trowbridge
Pediatric and Adolescent Health Research Center, Floating Hospital for Children, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Pediatrics 116:996-1000. 2005..A second AAP survey in 2003 analyzed trends in pediatrician experience and attitudes related to these issues...