B J Tromberg
Affiliation: University of California
- Non-invasive in vivo characterization of breast tumors using photon migration spectroscopyB J Tromberg
Laser Microbeam and Medical Program, Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California, Irvine 92612 1475, USA
Neoplasia 2:26-40. 2000..Measurements provide quantitative optical property values that reflect changes in tissue perfusion, oxygen consumption, and cell/matrix development...
- Sources of absorption and scattering contrast for near-infrared optical mammographyA E Cerussi
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California, Irvine 92612, USA
Acad Radiol 8:211-8. 2001..NIR spectroscopy yields quantitative functional information that cannot be obtained with other noninvasive radiologic techniques...
- Highly selective targeting of ovarian cancer with the photosensitizer PEG-m-THPC in a rat modelR Hornung
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California, Irvine, USA
Photochem Photobiol 70:624-9. 1999..Based on these data, we are currently developing a PDT-based minimally invasive debulking technique for advanced ovarian cancer...
- Impact of stepwise hyperventilation on cerebral tissue oxygen saturation in anesthetized patients: a mechanistic studyB S Alexander
Irvine School of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, CA, USA
Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 57:604-12. 2013....
- In vivo water state measurements in breast cancer using broadband diffuse optical spectroscopyS H Chung
Beckman Laser Institute, University of California, Irvine, 1002 Health Sciences Road, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Phys Med Biol 53:6713-27. 2008..These results highlight broadband DOS sensitivity to molecular disposition of water and demonstrate the potential of BWI as a non-invasive in vivo index that correlates with tissue pathology...
- Minimally-invasive debulking of ovarian cancer in the rat pelvis by means of photodynamic therapy using the pegylated photosensitizer PEG-m-THPCR Hornung
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California Irvine, 92612, USA
Br J Cancer 81:631-7. 1999..05). We conclude that PEG-m-THPC mediated PDT has a favourable therapeutic window and that this minimally-invasive procedure can reduce pelvic cancer bulks effectively and selectively...
- Spectroscopy enhances the information content of optical mammographyA E Cerussi
University of California, Irvine, Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, 1002 Health Sciences Rd, Irvine, California 92612, USA
J Biomed Opt 7:60-71. 2002..Multi-spectral measurements, compared to measurements restricted to one or two wavelengths, provide additional information that may be useful in managing breast disease...
- Intrauterine light probe for photodynamic ablation therapyY Tadir
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of California, Irvine 92612, USA
Obstet Gynecol 93:299-303. 1999..Photodynamic therapy requires the activation of a photosensitizer by laser light. We describe a new device specifically designed to provide light delivery to the uterus for endometrial photodynamic therapy...
- Monitoring tumor response during photodynamic therapy using near-infrared photon-migration spectroscopyT H Pham
Laser Microbeam and Medical Program (LAMMP, Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California, 1002 Health Sciences Road East, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Photochem Photobiol 73:669-77. 2001..817 and 0.953, respectively). Overall, our results indicate that NIR FDPM spectroscopy is able to quantify noninvasively and dynamically the PDT-induced physiological effects in vivo that are highly correlated with therapeutic efficacy...
- Comparison of water and lipid content measurements using diffuse optical spectroscopy and MRI in emulsion phantomsS Merritt
Laser Microbeam and Medical Program, Beckman Laser Institute, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92612, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 2:563-9. 2003..In addition, comparison of DOS derived concentrations to the MRI "gold standard" technique validates our quantitation approach and permits estimation of DOS accuracy and sensitivity in vivo...
- Broadband diffuse optical spectroscopy measurement of hemoglobin concentration during hypovolemia in rabbitsJangwoen Lee
Beckman Laser Institute, University of California, Irvine, CA 92612, USA
Physiol Meas 27:757-67. 2006..Broadband DOS provides a potential platform for reliable non-invasive measurements of tissue oxygenated and deoxygenated hemoglobin and may accurately reflect the degree of systemic hypovolemia and compromised tissue perfusion...
- Hemodynamic changes in rat leg muscles during tourniquet-induced ischemia-reperfusion injury observed by near-infrared spectroscopyJ G Kim
Laser Microbeam and Medical Program, Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California Irvine, Irvine, USA
Physiol Meas 30:529-40. 2009..The results demonstrate that CWNIRS may be useful as a non-invasive prognostic tool for conditions involving vascular compromise such as extremity compartment syndrome...
- Effect of phenylephrine and ephedrine bolus treatment on cerebral oxygenation in anaesthetized patientsL Meng
Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Care, University of California, Irvine Medical Center, 101 The City Drive South, Bldg 53, Rm 227, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Br J Anaesth 107:209-17. 2011..The physiological variables responsible for Sct(O2) changes induced by phenylephrine and ephedrine bolus treatment in anaesthetized patients need to be defined...
- Rat reproductive performance following photodynamic therapy with topically administered PhotofrinR A Steiner
Beckman Laser Institute and Medical Clinic, University of California, Irvine 92715, USA
Hum Reprod 10:227-33. 1995..However, Azone may enhance the selectivity of photodynamic therapy by facilitating drug targeting to critical endometrial structures...
- Predicting bulk mechanical properties of cellularized collagen gels using multiphoton microscopyC B Raub
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 2730, USA
Acta Biomater 6:4657-65. 2010..acellular gels. SHG and TPF image skewness and speckle contrast from cellularized collagen gels can predict E by capturing mechanically relevant information on collagen fiber, cell and crosslink density...