Emily R Troemel
Affiliation: University of California
- Microsporidia are natural intracellular parasites of the nematode Caenorhabditis elegansEmily R Troemel
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
PLoS Biol 6:2736-52. 2008..elegans and its natural microsporidian parasites provides a system in which to dissect intracellular intestinal infection in vivo and insight into the diversity of pathogenic mechanisms used by intracellular microbes...
- DAF-16-dependent suppression of immunity during reproduction in Caenorhabditis elegansSachiko Miyata
Department of Molecular Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Genetics 178:903-18. 2008..The timing of DAF-16-dependent gene activation in sterile mutants coincides with the onset of embryonic development in wild-type animals, suggesting that signals from developing embryos normally downregulate the immune response...
- Distinct pathogenesis and host responses during infection of C. elegans by P. aeruginosa and S. aureusJavier E Irazoqui
Program of Developmental Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Massachusetts General Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 6:e1000982. 2010..aeruginosa nor the S. aureus-triggered response requires canonical TLR signaling, they imply the existence of unidentified mechanisms for pathogen detection in C. elegans, with potentially conserved roles also in mammals...
- p38 MAPK regulates expression of immune response genes and contributes to longevity in C. elegansEmily R Troemel
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Genet 2:e183. 2006..The contribution of the PMK-1 pathway to the enhanced lifespan of daf-2 mutants suggests that innate immunity is an important determinant of longevity...
- A natural host model for microsporidia pathogenesis in the intestineEmily R Troemel; Fiscal Year: 2010..This proposal employs a natural nematode host model for microsporidia pathogenesis in the intestine that has potential applicability to understanding the pathogenesis of microsporidian infections in the human intestine. ..