D J Triulzi
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Donor risk factors for white blood cell antibodies associated with transfusion-associated acute lung injury: REDS-II leukocyte antibody prevalence study (LAPS)Darrell J Triulzi
Transfusion 47:563-4. 2007
- Detection of anti-D in D- recipients transfused with D+ red blood cellsMark H Yazer
The Institute for Transfusion Medicine and Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Transfusion 47:2197-201. 2007..The relatively low sensitization rate in oncology patients transfused with D+ platelets is well documented. A study of the alloimmunization rate of primarily nononcology D- recipients transfused with D+ RBCs was undertaken...
- The impact of platelet transfusion characteristics on posttransfusion platelet increments and clinical bleeding in patients with hypoproliferative thrombocytopeniaDarrell J Triulzi
University of Pittsburgh and the Institute for Transfusion Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Blood 119:5553-62. 2012..This trial was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00128713...
- WBC subset analysis of WBC-reduced platelet componentsD J Triulzi
Institute for Transfusion Medicine and the Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, and the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and Graduate School of Public Health, PA 15213, USA
Transfusion 40:771-80. 2000..Both methods have previously been shown to result in a residual total WBC content <5 x 10(6) per component. However, there may be differences in the efficacy of these techniques for removing certain WBC subsets...
- Microchimerism, GVHD, and tolerance in solid organ transplantationD J Triulzi
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and the Institute for Transfusion Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Transfusion 41:419-26. 2001..The long-term effects of donor HPC infusions on graft survival is under investigation...
- Specialized transfusion support for solid organ transplantationDarrell J Triulzi
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 9:527-32. 2002..The transfusion specialist must recommend the optimal approach to reducing the risk of these complications in organ transplant recipients...
- Transfusion support in liver transplantationDarrell J Triulzi
Institute for Transfusion Medicine, 3636 Blvd of the Allies, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Curr Hematol Rep 3:444-9. 2004..The transfusion specialist must recommend the optimal approach to reducing the risk of these complications in liver transplant recipients...
- Transfusion-related acute lung injury: current concepts for the clinicianDarrell J Triulzi
Department of Pathology, Division of Transfusion Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Institute for Transfusion Medicine, 3636 Blvd of the Allies, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Anesth Analg 108:770-6. 2009..Much more research is needed to understand the blood component and patient risk factors for TRALI so that novel strategies for treatment and additional measures to reduce the risk of TRALI can be developed...
- Fatal transfusion-associated graft-versus-host disease in an immunocompetent recipient of a volunteer unit of red cellsDarrell Triulzi
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
Transfusion 46:885-8. 2006..Transfusion-associated graft-versus-host disease (TAGVHD) is a lethal complication of transfusion of nonirradiated cellular blood components to a susceptible recipient...
- Detection of HHV-8 (human herpesvirus-8) genomes in induced peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) from US blood donorsL Qu
Institute for Transfusion Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Vox Sang 100:267-71. 2011..The prevalence of viral genomes in induced/cultured PBMCs from healthy blood donors has not been systematically studied...
- The cost-effectiveness of reducing donor exposures with single-donor versus pooled random-donor plateletsI Lopez-Plaza
Transfusion Service, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, and the Central Blood Bank, The Institute For Transfusion Medicine, Pennsylvania, USA
Transfusion 39:925-32. 1999..Health care reform pressures of make it appropriate to examine the cost-effectiveness of SDPs versus RDPs in reducing donor exposures...
- ABO-mismatched transfusions are not over-represented in febrile non-haemolytic transfusion reactions to plateletsM H Yazer
The Institute For Transfusion Medicine, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Vox Sang 102:175-7. 2012..ABO-mismatched PLT transfusions do not appear to be aetiological agents of FNHTR in a population routinely receiving both ABO-identical and ABO-mismatched transfusions...
- Stability of lymphocytes and Epstein-Barr virus during red blood cell storageL Qu
Institute for Transfusion Medicine, 3636 Boulevard of the Allies, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Vox Sang 92:125-9. 2007..Lymphocytes remain viable during red blood cell (RBC) storage. The effect of RBC storage on the stability of EBV-infected B lymphocytes and EBV genome is not known...
- Loss of red cell chemokine scavenging promotes transfusion-related lung inflammationNILAM S MANGALMURTI
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Blood 113:1158-66. 2009..Thus, reduction in erythrocyte chemokine scavenging is one functional consequence of the storage lesion by which RBC transfusion can augment existing lung inflammation...
- Immune hemolysis following ABO-mismatched stem cell or solid organ transplantationMark H Yazer
Division of Transfusion Medicine, Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Curr Opin Hematol 14:664-70. 2007..Limitations in donor availability for stem cell or organ transplantation require that ABO-incompatible donors be used. Crossing ABO lines can have immune consequences characterized by immediate or delayed hemolysis...
- Use of a pH meter for bacterial screening of whole blood plateletsMark H Yazer
Institute for Transfusion Medicine and Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
Transfusion 45:1133-7. 2005..The use of pH screening of whole-blood PLTs (WBPs) was evaluated with a pH meter at the time of issue as a surrogate test for bacterial contamination...
- Leukoreduction in the setting of open heart surgery: a prospective cohort-controlled studyMark K Fung
Department of Pathology, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, USA
Transfusion 44:30-5. 2004..The mechanisms through which these changes in clinical outcomes are generated remain unknown...
- Clinical effects of reverting from leukoreduced to nonleukoreduced blood in cardiac surgeryMark K Fung
Department of Pathology, University of Vermont, Burlington, VT, USA
Transfusion 46:386-91. 2006..Follow-up data are now presented in a similar population after a 12-month period in which LR blood was no longer routinely used...
- The art of plasma transfusion therapyDarrell J Triulzi
Transfusion 46:1268-70. 2006
- Transfusion Medicine/Hemostasis Clinical Research NetworkDarrell Triulzi; Fiscal Year: 2007..university of pittsburgh critiques ..