P L Triozzi
Affiliation: University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Intratumoral injection of dendritic cells derived in vitro in patients with metastatic cancerP L Triozzi
The Arthur G James Cancer Hospital and Richard J Solove Research Institute The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Cancer 89:2646-54. 2000..Dendritic cells (DCs) are potent initiators of immune responses, and the infiltration of DCs into tumors may confer an improved prognosis. Whether the injection of DCs directly into tumors can mediate biologic activity was examined...
- Effect of docetaxel chemotherapy on the activity of a gonadotropin releasing hormone vaccine in patients with advanced prostate cancerPierre L Triozzi
Comprehensive Cancer Center, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 3300, USA
Prostate 65:316-21. 2005..A pilot study was performed to determine how to best combine GnRH-DT vaccine with potentially immunosuppressive chemotherapy...
- Infusion of unpulsed dendritic cells derived from granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor-mobilized peripheral blood CD34+ cells and monocytes in patients with advanced carcinomaPierre L Triozzi
The Arthur G James Cancer Hospital, The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Hematother Stem Cell Res 12:279-87. 2003..The infusion of these dendritic cells has nonspecific immunomodulatory activity that may have clinical significance...
- Phase I study of a plasmid DNA vaccine encoding MART-1 in patients with resected melanoma at risk for relapsePierre L Triozzi
University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center, Alabama 35294 3300, USA
J Immunother 28:382-8. 2005..This study underscores species differences in the ability to respond to plasmid immunogens...
- Phase I study of the intratumoral administration of recombinant canarypox viruses expressing B7.1 and interleukin 12 in patients with metastatic melanomaPierre L Triozzi
The University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center, Birmingham, Alabama 35294 3300, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:4168-75. 2005..This response included the production of factors that may suppress the antitumor immunologic activity of these vectors...
- Intratumoral administration of a recombinant canarypox virus expressing interleukin 12 in patients with metastatic melanomaPierre L Triozzi
University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Hum Gene Ther 16:91-100. 2005..The intratumoral injection of ALVAC-IL-12 at these dose levels and according to this schedule was well tolerated and resulted in measurable biologic response in patients with metastatic melanoma...
- Antitumor activity of the intratumoral injection of fowlpox vectors expressing a triad of costimulatory molecules and granulocyte/macrophage colony stimulating factor in mesotheliomaPierre L Triozzi
University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center, Birmingham, AL 35294 3300, USA
Int J Cancer 113:406-14. 2005..The results also suggest potential limitations to the intratumoral administration of cytokines, such as GM-CSF, in mesothelioma...
- Enhanced transduction of mouse bone marrow-derived dendritic cells by repetitive infection with self-complementary adeno-associated virus 6 combined with immunostimulatory ligandsW A Aldrich
Department of Medicine, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL, USA
Gene Ther 13:29-39. 2006..These studies demonstrate the potential utility of sc rAAV serotype 6-based vectors in transduction of DC for genetic vaccination approaches...
- A DNA vaccine encoding genetic fusions of carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA) and granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF)Jose Lima
Division of Hematology and Oncology, Department of Medicine, and the Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, WTI 558, 1824 6th Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294-3300, USA
Vaccine 23:1273-83. 2005..In contrast, a single low-dose immunization with CEA-GMCSF fusion plasmids provided better tumor protection than low-dose CEA plasmid alone and resulted in lower titers of GM-CSF antibodies...
- Immunization of colorectal cancer patients with recombinant baculovirus-derived KSA (Ep-CAM) formulated with monophosphoryl lipid A in liposomal emulsion, with and without granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factorJeffrey Neidhart
The University of Alabama at Birmingham, WTI 275-J2, 1530 Third Avenue South, Birmingham, AL 35294-3300, USA
Vaccine 22:773-80. 2004..Co-administration of GM-CSF with this formulation is an effective method of generating KSA-specific T-helper (Th) 1-associated cellular immune responses...
- Coxsackievirus-adenovirus receptor genetically fused to anti-human CD40 scFv enhances adenoviral transduction of dendritic cellsA V Pereboev
Division of Human Gene Therapy, Departments of Medicine, Pathology and Surgery, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Gene Ther 9:1189-93. 2002..Finally, we show that the CAR/G28 fusion protein promotes highly efficient transduction of DCs of both rhesus monkey and human origin...
- High efficiency transduction of dendritic cells by adenoviral vectors targeted to DC-SIGNNikolay Korokhov
Vector Logics, Inc, Birmingham, Alabama 35233, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 4:289-94. 2005..These data demonstrate the usefulness of DC-SIGN as a DC-restricted targeting motif for Ad-mediated vaccination strategies...
- Augmentation of antitumor activity of a recombinant adeno-associated virus carcinoembryonic antigen vaccine with plasmid adjuvantSelvarangan Ponnazhagan
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Hum Gene Ther 15:856-64. 2004..These data indicate that robust rAAV transgene expression of a tumor antigen followed by transient plasmid delivery to recruit and activate dendritic cells is an effective method of eliciting antitumor cellular immune responses...
- Enhanced gene transfer to mouse dendritic cells using adenoviral vectors coated with a novel adapter moleculeAlexander V Pereboev
Division of Human Gene Therapy, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Mol Ther 9:712-20. 2004....
- A phase I study of an anti-GD3 monoclonal antibody, KW-2871, in patients with metastatic melanomaAndres Forero
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center, Birmingham, AL 35294 3300, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 21:561-8. 2006..KW-2871 (IgG1 kappa chimeric antibody) targets GD3, which is upregulated in melanomas. We conducted a phase I trial of KW-2871 in patients with metastatic melanoma...
- Anti-GD3 monoclonal antibody effects on lymphocytes and antibody-dependent cellular cytotoxicityPierre L Triozzi
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, University of Alabama at Birmingham Comprehensive Cancer Center, Birmingham, AL 35294-3300, USA
Cancer Biother Radiopharm 21:553-60. 2006..CONCLUSIONS: R24 and KW-2871 antibody differ in their lymphocyte proliferation and lymphokine release activity but have similar inhibition of lymphocyte ADCC and FcgammaR expression in vitro...
- Active specific immunotherapy with a beta-human chorionic gonadotropin peptide vaccine in patients with metastatic colorectal cancer: antibody response is associated with improved survivalHong M Moulton
AVI BioPharma, Inc, Portland, Oregon 97258, USA
Clin Cancer Res 8:2044-51. 2002....
- Genetically targeted adenovirus vector directed to CD40-expressing cellsNatalya Belousova
Division of Human Gene Therapy, Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
J Virol 77:11367-77. 2003....
- Targeting of adenovirus via genetic modification of the viral capsid combined with a protein bridgeNikolay Korokhov
VectorLogics, Inc, Alabama 35294, USA
J Virol 77:12931-40. 2003..Since this gene transfer is independent of the expression of the native Ad5 receptor by the target cells, this strategy results in the derivation of truly targeted Ad vectors suitable for tissue-specific gene therapy...
- Targeted therapy for uveal melanomaPierre L Triozzi
Taussig Cancer Center, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 44195, United States
Cancer Treat Rev 34:247-58. 2008..Clinical trials of some of these approaches have been initiated in patients with metastatic uveal melanoma as well as in the adjuvant setting after primary therapy...