Edison J Trickett
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Advancing the science of community-level interventionsEdison J Trickett
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
Am J Public Health 101:1410-9. 2011..To elaborate the paradigm and advance the science of community intervention, we offer suggestions for promoting a scientific agenda, developing collaborations among professionals and communities, and examining the culture of science...
- From "Water Boiling in a Peruvian Town" to "Letting them Die": culture, community intervention, and the metabolic balance between patience and zealEdison J Trickett
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60607 7137, USA
Am J Community Psychol 47:58-68. 2011..Central to this mind set are the importance of focusing on communities rather than programs and emphasizing the intervention goal of choice over change...
- Multilevel community-based culturally situated interventions and community impact: an ecological perspectiveEdison J Trickett
Department of Psychology MC285, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1007 W Harrison St, Chicago, IL 60607 7137, USA
Am J Community Psychol 43:257-66. 2009..The paper concludes with a series of topics which, taken together, provide a roadmap for further conceptual development of multilevel interventions as vehicles for long-range community impact...
- Summary comments: multi-level community based culturally situated interventionsEdison J Trickett
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Community Psychol 43:377-81. 2009....
- Community psychology: individuals and interventions in community contextEdison J Trickett
Community and Prevention Research Division, Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Annu Rev Psychol 60:395-419. 2009..These domains include research on the ecology of lives, the assessment of social settings and their impact on behavior, culture and diversity as expressed in the community research process, and community intervention...
- Adolescent culture brokering and family functioning: a study of families from VietnamEdison J Trickett
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL 60622, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 13:143-50. 2007..Here, CB was related to parent acculturation patterns but not those of adolescents. Implications for future research on the CB role are discussed...
- George Albee and the nurturing spirit of primary preventionEdison J Trickett
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 1007 W Harrison St, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
J Prim Prev 28:61-4. 2007
- Collaboration and social inquiry: multiple meanings of a construct and its role in creating useful and valid knowledgeEdison J Trickett
Division of Community and Prevention Research, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Am J Community Psychol 34:1-69. 2004....
- Acculturation and adaptation of Soviet Jewish refugee adolescents: predictors of adjustment across life domainsDina Birman
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60607, USA
Am J Community Psychol 30:585-607. 2002..Implications for acculturation theory and measurement are drawn, and cautions are offered about the interpretation of acculturation studies using single proxies such as language use or preference...
- Immigrant adolescents behaving as culture brokers: a study of families from the former Soviet UnionCurtis J Jones
Department of Psychology, University of Illinois at Chicago, 60622, USA
J Soc Psychol 145:405-27. 2005..Parent-reported problems at home did not relate to CB. The authors discussed implications for future research on the role of the child as culture broker...
- A tribute to James Gordon KellyErin P Hayes
University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, 60612, USA
Am J Community Psychol 35:23-34. 2005..Three additional invited contributions are included wherein Dick Reppucci, Rhona Weinstein, and Julian Rappaport reflect on the influence of Jim on their own career and on the development of the field...
- The spirit of ecological inquiry and intervention research reports: a heuristic elaborationSusan L Ryerson Espino
Chicago Public Schools, Department of Program Evaluation, Office of Research, Evaluation and Accountability, 125 S Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60603, USA
Am J Community Psychol 42:60-78. 2008....
- Acculturative hassles and immigrant adolescents: a life-domain assessment for Soviet Jewish refugeesAndrey Vinokurov
Department of Psychology, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA
J Soc Psychol 142:425-45. 2002..S. cultures, and outcomes in life domains; it contributed to outcomes over and above effects of nonacculturative hassles. Implications for measurement of acculturative hassles are discussed...