P C Trask
Affiliation: University of Michigan
- Psychiatric side effects of interferon therapy: prevalence, proposed mechanisms, and future directionsP C Trask
Behavioral Medicine Program, Department of Internal Medicine, and Department of Psychiatry, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48108, USA
J Clin Oncol 18:2316-26. 2000..In addition, limitations of the current literature are provided with suggestions for treating physicians and a discussion of possible future research directions...
- Course of distress and quality of life in testicular cancer patients before, during, and after chemotherapy: results of a pilot studyPeter C Trask
Behavioral Medicine Program, University of Michigan, MI 48108, USA
Psychooncology 12:814-20. 2003..Deleterious changes in emotional distress, quality of life, and symptom distress seen in other cancer populations were not apparent in our sample of testicular cancer patients...
- Cognitive-behavioral intervention for distress in patients with melanoma: comparison with standard medical care and impact on quality of lifePeter C Trask
Behavioral Medicine Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108, USA
Cancer 98:854-64. 2003..The current study was designed to determine the effect of a cognitive-behavioral intervention on distress and health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in patients with melanoma who had medium-to-high distress...
- Behavioral medicine: the challenge of integrating psychological and behavioral approaches into primary carePeter C Trask
Behavioral Medicine Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor 48108 0757, USA
Eff Clin Pract 5:75-83. 2002
- Comparison of headache parameters using headache type and emotional statusP C Trask
Behavioral Medicine Program, University of Michigan, Suite L, 475 Market Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48197 0757, USA
J Psychosom Res 51:529-36. 2001..The current study was designed to determine whether differences in subject variables arose when comparing them by headache type vs. empirically derived emotional distress clusters...
- Cancer-specific worry interference in women attending a breast and ovarian cancer risk evaluation program: impact on emotional distress and health functioningP C Trask
Behavioral Medicine Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 0757, USA
Psychooncology 10:349-60. 2001....
- Psychosocial characteristics of individuals with non-stage IV melanomaP C Trask
Behavioral Medicine Program, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48108, USA
J Clin Oncol 19:2844-50. 2001..Given that the 5-year survival rates for individuals with melanoma are determined primarily by the depth and extent of spread, distress that interferes with seeking treatment has the potential to be life-threatening...
- Assessment of psychological distress in prospective bone marrow transplant patientsP C Trask
Behavioral Medicine Program, University of Michigan Medical School and Comprehensive Cancer Center, Ann Arbor, MI 48108 0757, USA
Bone Marrow Transplant 29:917-25. 2002....
- Screening for psychologic distress in ambulatory cancer patientsPaul B Jacobsen
Psychosocial and Palliative Care Program, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
Cancer 103:1494-502. 2005..For this study, the authors sought to determine whether the single-item Distress Thermometer (DT) compared favorably with longer measures currently used to screen for distress...
- The identification of empirically derived cancer patient subgroups using psychosocial variablesPeter C Trask
Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, The Miriam Hospital and Brown Medical School, Coro Building, Suite 500, One Hoppin Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
J Psychosom Res 57:287-95. 2004..To determine if there are subgroups of cancer patients who differ on coping, psychological, and quality of life (QOL) measures, and to determine if these subgroups have a different course of distress and health following a cancer diagnosis...
- The effects of a professionally produced videotape on education and anxiety/distress levels for patients with newly diagnosed melanoma: a randomized, prospective clinical trialJeffrey S Orringer
Department of Dermatology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 53:224-9. 2005..Secondarily, we sought to compare these effects with those of a traditional clinic visit...
- Quality of life and emotional distress in advanced prostate cancer survivors undergoing chemotherapyPeter C Trask
Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, The Miriam Hospital and Brown Medical School, Coro Building, Suite 500, One Hoppin St, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Health Qual Life Outcomes 2:37. 2004..As such, increased attention is needed to quality of life during phase I-III chemotherapy trials...
- Transitions of care and changes in distressing painPeter C Trask
Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, Brown University Medical School The Miriam Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island 02903, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 32:104-9. 2006..Increased attention is needed not only on how to adequately manage pain and pain-related distress but also on how to improve pain reduction measures in transitions between health care settings at the end of life...
- Effect of personal cancer history and family cancer history on levels of psychological distressCarolyn Rabin
The Miriam Hospital and Brown Medical School, Providence, RI, USA
Soc Sci Med 64:411-6. 2007..Results extend prior research by indicating that having a first-degree relative with cancer increases risk for distress, and having personal and family cancer histories may exert a synergistic effect on distress...
- The contribution of pain-related anxiety to disability from headacheJustin M Nash
Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, Brown Medical School The Miriam Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island, USA
J Behav Med 29:61-7. 2006..These findings suggest that pain-related anxiety may have a unique and important role in contributing to disability in headache sufferers...
- Validation of the FACT-BRM with interferon-alpha treated melanoma patientsAmber G Paterson
Kaplan and Kaplan Psychologists, Canada
Qual Life Res 14:133-9. 2005..The FACT-BRM demonstrated good psychometrics and sensitivity to change, and thus appears to be a good instrument for measuring QOL in patients receiving BRMs...
- Longitudinal course of depression, fatigue, and quality of life in patients with high risk melanoma receiving adjuvant interferonPeter C Trask
Centers for Behavioral and Preventive Medicine, Coro Bldg, Suite 500, One Hoppin St, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Psychooncology 13:526-36. 2004..Few, if any, studies have been conducted with the express purpose of assessing the longitudinal course of depression, fatigue, and QOL before and during interferon therapy...
- Health-related quality of life during treatment for renal cell carcinoma: results from a phase II study of axitinibPeter C Trask
Global Outcomes Research, Pfizer Inc, New London, CT 06320, USA
Acta Oncol 47:843-51. 2008..This study examined the HRQOL of patients with metastatic RCC treated with axitinib, a new targeted therapy that affects the vessels supplying blood to the tumor...