Daniel R Touchette
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Design of a trial to evaluate the impact of clinical pharmacists and community health promoters working with African-Americans and Latinos with diabetesBen S Gerber
Institute for Health Research and Policy, 1747 West Roosevelt Rd, M C 275, Chicago, IL 60608, USA
BMC Public Health 12:891. 2012..This study will evaluate the impact of HPs as a complement to pharmacist management in a randomized controlled trial...
- Safety-focused medication therapy management: a randomized controlled trialDaniel R Touchette
College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, 833 S Wood St, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 52:603-12. 2012..To evaluate the effect of a medication therapy management (MTM) intervention on adverse drug events (ADEs), health care visits, and drug-related problems (DRPs)...
- Identification of and intervention to address therapeutic gaps in careDaniel R Touchette
Department of Pharmacy Practice, University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Pharmacy, 60612, USA
Am J Manag Care 18:e364-71. 2012..To determine if therapeutic gap identification, notification of community pharmacists, and intervention results in increased gap closure, reduced gap closure time, and fewer adherence gaps reopening...
- Economic analysis of alvimopan for prevention and management of postoperative ileusDaniel R Touchette
Colleges of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Pharmacotherapy 32:120-8. 2012..To determine whether alvimopan for prevention of postoperative ileus in patients undergoing small- or large-bowel resection by laparotomy is associated with lower total costs compared with standard care...
- Research publication by pharmacist authors in major medical journals: changes over a 10-year intervalDaniel R Touchette
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pharmacotherapy 28:584-90. 2008..To determine the degree to which pharmacists were involved in major clinical research publications in 1993 and 2003, and to compare the difference in publication rates by pharmacists between these 2 years...
- Survey of medication therapy management programs under Medicare part DDaniel R Touchette
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 46:683-91. 2006..To describe and summarize the enrollment criteria and benefit designs for medication therapy management (MTM) programs offered throughout the United States during the first year of the Medicare Part D benefit...
- Pharmacist monitoring of QTc interval-prolonging medications in critically ill medical patients: a pilot studyTien Mh Ng
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:475-82. 2008..No data exist regarding the value of pharmacist monitoring of drugs associated with QTc interval prolongation...
- Evidence needed for policy decisions: adherence interventions and Medicare Part DDaniel R Touchette
Arch Intern Med 167:1905. 2007
- Clinical implications of an accurate problem list on heart failure treatmentDaniel M Hartung
Oregon State University College of Pharmacy, Portland, OR, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:143-7. 2005..However, little empirical evidence exists demonstrating improved patient outcomes as a result of an adequately structured problem list...
- A first step towards translating evidence into practice: heart failure in a community practice-based research networkMihai Onofrei
Providence Health System, Portland, Oregon, USA
Inform Prim Care 12:139-45. 2004..To determine the validity of an electronic health record (EHR) in the identification of patients with left ventricular dysfunction in a primary care setting...