Daniel R Touchette
Affiliation: University of Illinois at Chicago
- Safety-focused medication therapy management: a randomized controlled trialDaniel R Touchette
College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, 833 S Wood St, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 52:603-12. 2012..To evaluate the effect of a medication therapy management (MTM) intervention on adverse drug events (ADEs), health care visits, and drug-related problems (DRPs)...
- Identification of and intervention to address therapeutic gaps in careDaniel R Touchette
University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Pharmacy, 833 S Wood St M C 886, Chicago, IL 60612 E mail
Am J Manag Care 18:e364-71. 2012..653). Conclusions: Independent community pharmacists reduced gaps in care and had fewer reopened adherence gaps, suggesting improvement in adherence. A continuation study will examine the impact of the program on long-term adherence...
- Economic analysis of alvimopan for prevention and management of postoperative ileusDaniel R Touchette
Colleges of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Pharmacotherapy 32:120-8. 2012..To determine whether alvimopan for prevention of postoperative ileus in patients undergoing small- or large-bowel resection by laparotomy is associated with lower total costs compared with standard care...
- Survey of medication therapy management programs under Medicare part DDaniel R Touchette
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 46:683-91. 2006..To describe and summarize the enrollment criteria and benefit designs for medication therapy management (MTM) programs offered throughout the United States during the first year of the Medicare Part D benefit...
- Research publication by pharmacist authors in major medical journals: changes over a 10-year intervalDaniel R Touchette
Department of Pharmacy Practice, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pharmacotherapy 28:584-90. 2008..To determine the degree to which pharmacists were involved in major clinical research publications in 1993 and 2003, and to compare the difference in publication rates by pharmacists between these 2 years...
- A first step towards translating evidence into practice: heart failure in a community practice-based research networkMihai Onofrei
Providence Health System, Portland, Oregon, USA
Inform Prim Care 12:139-45. 2004..The problem list validity could be enhanced through reconciliation with other data sources. Inaccurate EHR problem lists may have clinical consequences, including underprescribing of beneficial therapies...
- Clinical implications of an accurate problem list on heart failure treatmentDaniel M Hartung
Oregon State University College of Pharmacy, Portland, OR, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:143-7. 2005..CONCLUSION: Accurate documentation of heart failure on the problem list of patients with known systolic dysfunction is associated with a significant increase in the likelihood of being prescribed medications with known clinical benefit...
- Evidence needed for policy decisions: adherence interventions and Medicare Part DDaniel R Touchette
Arch Intern Med 167:1905. 2007
- Pharmacist monitoring of QTc interval-prolonging medications in critically ill medical patients: a pilot studyTien Mh Ng
Department of Pharmacy, School of Pharmacy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:475-82. 2008..No data exist regarding the value of pharmacist monitoring of drugs associated with QTc interval prolongation...