Genomes and Genes
Jorge E Torres-Muñoz
Affiliation: University of Miami
- Upregulation of glial clusterin in brains of patients with AIDsJ E Torres-Munoz
Department of Pathology, University of Miami Medical School, Miami FL 33136, USA
Brain Res 888:297-301. 2001..Clusterin is sensitive marker of glial reactivity in AIDS brains and its enhanced expression was not dependent on increases in GFAP...
- Gene expression profiles in microdissected neurons from human hippocampal subregionsJorge E Torres-Muñoz
Department of Pathology, University of Miami School of Medicine R 5, 1550 NW, Tenth Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Brain Res Mol Brain Res 127:105-14. 2004....
- Brain CD8+ and cytotoxic T lymphocytes are associated with, and may be specific for, human immunodeficiency virus type 1 encephalitis in patients with acquired immunodeficiency syndromeCarol K Petito
Department of Pathology, Miller School of Medicine, University of Miami, Miami, Florida 33136, USA
J Neurovirol 12:272-83. 2006..Consequently, CD8+ T cells and CTLs could mediate brain injury in HIVE and may represent an important biomarker for productive brain infection by HIV-1...
- Successful application of hyperbranched multidisplacement genomic amplification to detect HIV-1 sequences in single neurons removed from autopsy brain sections by laser capture microdissectionJorge E Torres-Muñoz
Department of Pathology R5, Miller School of Medicine, Jackson Memorial Hospital, 1611 NW 12 Avenue, Miami, FL 33136, USA
J Mol Diagn 10:317-24. 2008....
- Overexpression of malignancy-associated laminins and laminin receptors by angiotropic human melanoma cells in a chick chorioallantoic membrane modelClaire Lugassy
Department of Pathology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL, USA
J Cutan Pathol 36:1237-43. 2009..In this study, we have tested the hypothesis that expression levels of some genes related to lamimin and metastasis are differentially expressed in vascularized angiotropic melanoma areas vs. avascular melanoma areas from the same tumor...