Dario M Torre
Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Comparing PDA- and paper-based evaluation of the clinical skills of third-year studentsDario M Torre
University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Shadyside, Pittsburgh, Penn 15232, USA
WMJ 110:9-13. 2011..The mini-Clinical Evaluation Exercise (mini-CEX) is used to assess medical students' clinical skills during medicine clerkships...
- Simulation in the internal medicine clerkship: a national survey of internal medicine clerkship directorsDario M Torre
Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh Medical School Shadyside, 5230 Centre Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232, USA
Teach Learn Med 23:215-22. 2011..Simulation in medical education offers the promise of safely and effectively preparing trainees for a variety of tasks encountered in clinical medicine...
- Learning/feedback activities and high-quality teaching: perceptions of third-year medical students during an inpatient rotationDario M Torre
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin Clement J Zablocki VA Medical Center, Froedtert East Office Bldg, Suite E4200, 9200 Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53226, USA
Acad Med 80:950-4. 2005..To identify specific learning activities (and teaching methods) that students associate with high-quality teaching in the inpatient setting...
- Grade inflation in the internal medicine clerkship: a national surveySara B Fazio
Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Teach Learn Med 25:71-6. 2013..Grade inflation is a growing concern, but the degree to which it continues to exist in 3rd-year internal medicine (IM) clerkships is unknown...
- Twelve tips for teaching with concept maps in medical educationDario M Torre
Department of Medicine, Drexel University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Med Teach 35:201-8. 2013..Concept mapping is an instructional strategy for individual and group learning that involves integration of knowledge and creation of meaning by relating concepts...
- Learning activities and high-quality teaching: perceptions of third-year IM clerkship studentsDario M Torre
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Clement J Zablocki Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Milwaukee, 53226, USA
Acad Med 78:812-4. 2003..To identify learning activities that students associate with high-quality teaching on a clinical rotation...
- Postinterview communication between military residency applicants and training programsTemple A Ratcliffe
Department of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
Mil Med 177:54-60. 2012..We examined the frequency and nature of communication during the JSGMESB and compared it with the NRMP...
- Clinical and educational uses of handheld computersDario M Torre
Department of Medicine, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, USA
South Med J 96:996-9. 2003..This report describes some interesting applications for present and future use of PDAs in inpatient care and medical education. Physicians and educational programs not using PDAs may wish to consider incorporating this technology...
- Special features of electronic journals: do physicians want them?Dario M Torre
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health, Milwaukee, WI 53226, USA
Health Info Libr J 20:108-11. 2003
- Teaching of pulmonary auscultation in pediatrics: a nationwide survey of all U.S. accredited residenciesSalvatore Mangione
Department of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pediatr Pulmonol 35:472-6. 2003..Whether this difference in teaching may have a beneficial impact on the auscultatory proficiency of pediatric residents, as compared to internal medicine and family practice trainees, needs to be determined...