Affiliation: University of California
- Beta -amyloid-(1-42) impairs activity-dependent cAMP-response element-binding protein signaling in neurons at concentrations in which cell survival Is not compromisedL Tong
University of California, Irvine Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, Irvine, California 92697 4540, USA
J Biol Chem 276:17301-6. 2001....
- Effects of exercise on gene-expression profile in the rat hippocampusL Tong
University of California, Irvine Institute for Brain and Dementia, California 92697 4540, USA
Neurobiol Dis 8:1046-56. 2001..Our data indicate that exercise elicits a differential gene expression pattern with significant changes in genes of relevance for brain function...
- Beta-amyloid peptide at sublethal concentrations downregulates brain-derived neurotrophic factor functions in cultured cortical neuronsLiqi Tong
Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California 92697 4540, USA
J Neurosci 24:6799-809. 2004..These new findings suggest that Abeta engenders a dysfunctional encoding state in neurons and may initiate and/or contribute to cognitive deficit at an early stage of AD before or along with neuronal degeneration...
- Interleukin-1 beta impairs brain derived neurotrophic factor-induced signal transductionLiqi Tong
University of California Irvine, Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, Irvine, CA 92697 4540, USA
Neurobiol Aging 29:1380-93. 2008..These results suggest that IL-1 beta places neurons at risk by interfering with BDNF signaling involving a ceramide-associated mechanism...
- Fas and Fas ligand are associated with neuritic degeneration in the AD brain and participate in beta-amyloid-induced neuronal deathJoseph H Su
Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, 1113 Gillespie Neuroscience Research Facility, University of California Irvine, 92697 4540, USA
Neurobiol Dis 12:182-93. 2003..These findings suggest that Fas-FasL interactions may contribute to mechanisms of neuronal loss and neuritic degeneration in AD...
- Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor-Dependent Synaptic Plasticity Is Suppressed by Interleukin-1β via p38 Mitogen-Activated Protein KinaseLiqi Tong
Institute for Memory Impairments and Neurological Disorders and Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior, University of California, Irvine, California 92697
J Neurosci 32:17714-24. 2012..The suppressive effect of IL-1β on F-actin and LTP was prevented by inhibiting p38 MAPK. These findings define a new mechanism for the action of IL-1β on LTP and point to a potential therapeutic target to restore synaptic plasticity...
- Mitochondrial decay in the brains of old rats: ameliorating effect of alpha-lipoic acid and acetyl-L-carnitineJiangang Long
Institute for Brain Aging and Dementia, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4540, USA
Neurochem Res 34:755-63. 2009....
- Interleukin-1beta interferes with signal transduction induced by neurotrophin-3 in cortical neuronsRungtip Soiampornkul
Neuro Behavioral Biology Center, Institute of Science and Technology for Development, Mahidol University, Salaya Campus Nakorn Pathom, Thailand
Brain Res 1188:189-97. 2008....
- Attenuated transcriptional responses to oxidative stress in the aged rat brainLiqi Tong
Department of Human Biological Chemistry and Genetics, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Galveston, Texas 77555-0652, USA
J Neurosci Res 70:318-26. 2002....