Thanh G N Ton
Affiliation: University of Washington
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and risk of Parkinson's diseaseThanh G Ton
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Mov Disord 21:964-9. 2006..Our results provide only limited support for the hypothesis that use of aspirin may reduce the risk of this disease, and no indication of protection from other NSAIDs...
- Environmental toxins and risk of narcolepsy among people with HLA DQB1*0602Thanh G N Ton
Neuroepidemiology Group, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Environ Res 110:565-70. 2010..03), paints (p<0.03), and bug or weed killer (p<0.02). Additional studies are needed to replicate these findings and continue the search for specific toxins that could damage hypocretin neurons in genetically susceptible people...
- Knowledge of cardiovascular health among Chinese, Korean and Vietnamese immigrants to the USThanh G N Ton
Department of Neurology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Immigr Minor Health 13:127-39. 2011..All participants desired more information, and identified barriers to effective communication with healthcare providers. A deeper understanding of beliefs and barriers faced by Asian immigrants can help guide health promotion efforts...
- Active and passive smoking and risk of narcolepsy in people with HLA DQB1*0602: a population-based case-control studyThanh G N Ton
Neuroepidemiology Group, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Neuroepidemiology 32:114-21. 2009..We examined the risk of narcolepsy associated with active and passive smoking among genetically susceptible individuals...
- Calcium channel blockers and beta-blockers in relation to Parkinson's diseaseThanh G N Ton
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Box 357236, Seattle, WA 98195 7326, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 13:165-9. 2007..The weakness of these associations and the absence of additional influence of dose or duration of use argue against any causal interpretation...
- Does narcolepsy symptom severity vary according to HLA-DQB1*0602 allele status?Nathaniel F Watson
Sleep Institute, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98104 2499, USA
Sleep 33:29-35. 2010..To investigate associations between HLA-DQB1*0602 allele status and measures of narcolepsy symptom severity...
- Symptoms and risk factors for stroke in a community-based observational sample in Viet NamAnnette L Fitzpatrick
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Epidemiol Glob Health 2:155-63. 2012..Viet Nam is experiencing a health transition from infectious to chronic disease. Data on cardiovascular diseases, including strokes, are limited...
- Medical exposures in youth and the frequency of narcolepsy with cataplexy: a population-based case-control study in genetically predisposed peopleThomas D Koepsell
Neuroepidemiology Group, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Sleep Res 19:80-6. 2010..The association with night terrors could simply reflect early symptoms of narcolepsy, or they could be a prodromal sign of disturbed sleep physiology...
- Birth order and narcolepsy risk among genetically susceptible individuals: a population-based case-control studyNathaniel F Watson
Sleep Center, Harborview Medical Center, 325 Ninth Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Sleep Med 13:310-3. 2012..We investigated the association between birth order and narcolepsy risk in a population-based case-control study in which all study subjects were HLA-DQB1*0602 positive...
- Using photovoice to understand cardiovascular health awareness in Asian eldersAnnette L Fitzpatrick
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98115, USA
Health Promot Pract 13:48-54. 2012..Photovoice provided insight into perceptions of cardiovascular health that is vital for developing health promotion and education interventions in limited-English-speaking communities...
- Prevalence of narcolepsy in King County, Washington, USAW T Longstreth
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Sleep Med 10:422-6. 2009..Relatively few epidemiologic studies have focused on narcolepsy, a disabling sleep disorder with a strong association with HLA-DQB1 *0602...
- Formulations of hormone therapy and risk of Parkinson's diseaseJessica I Lundin
Department of Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Mov Disord 29:1631-6. 2014..These findings could have important implications for choice of HT in clinical practice...
- Double burden: a cross-sectional survey assessing factors associated with underweight and overweight status in Danang, VietnamKiet A Ly
Department of Oral Health Sciences, School of Dentistry, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
BMC Public Health 13:35. 2013..This cross-sectional study assesses the prevalence and factors for underweight and overweight/obesity among adults in Danang, Vietnam, using WHO standard and suggested Asian-specific BMI cut-offs...
- Markers of inflammation in prevalent and incident Parkinson's disease in the Cardiovascular Health StudyThanh G N Ton
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Box 359775, Harborview Medical Center, 325 Ninth Ave, Seattle, WA 98125, USA
Parkinsonism Relat Disord 18:274-8. 2012..We assessed associations of baseline levels of inflammatory markers with prevalent PD at baseline (1989) and incident PD identified over 13 years of follow-up of the Cardiovascular Health Study...
- Human papillomavirus infection in female sex workers in Lima, PeruSilvia M Montano
US Naval Medical Research Center Detachment, Lima, Peru
Sex Transm Infect 87:81-2. 2011..To determine the prevalence and risk factors for human papillomavirus (HPV) infection in female sex workers (FSW) in Lima, Peru...
- The epidemiology of narcolepsyW T Longstreth
Neuroepidemiology Research Group, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Sleep 30:13-26. 2007..Identification of modifiable risk factors will help to prevent this disease...
- A prospective cohort study of stroke characteristics, care, and mortality in a hospital stroke registry in VietnamDavid L Tirschwell
Department of Neurology, Harborview Medical Center, Room 3EH70, 325 Ninth Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
BMC Neurol 12:150. 2012....
- Enhancing case ascertainment of Parkinson's disease using Medicare claims data in a population-based cohort: the Cardiovascular Health StudyThanh G N Ton
Department of Neurology, School of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 23:119-27. 2014..We compared our results to the previous algorithm in terms of baseline prevalence and incidence of PD, as well as associations with baseline smoking characteristics...
- Cholecystokinin C-45T polymorphism and smoking cessation in womenThanh G Ton
Public Health Sciences Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, and Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Nicotine Tob Res 9:147-51. 2007..Our results fail to support prior evidence of an association of the CCK C-45T polymorphism with the ability to quit smoking...