Affiliation: University of New Mexico
- The excess costs of breast cancer health care in Hispanic and non-Hispanic female members of a managed care organizationK Tollestrup
Department of Family and Community Medicine, School of Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 66:25-31. 2001..Mean differences between cases and controls in health care costs 12 months after diagnosis were similar for Hispanic and non-Hispanic women for all stages of disease...
- Arsenic-induced skin conditions identified in southwest dermatology practices: an epidemiologic tool?Kristine Tollestrup
Department of Family and Community Medicine, UNM School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Environ Geochem Health 27:47-53. 2005....
- Mortality among children residing near the American Smelting and Refining Company (ASARCO) copper smelter in Ruston, WashingtonKristine Tollestrup
Department of Family and Community Medicine, School of Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico
Arch Environ Health 58:683-91. 2003..00: for all causes of death (1.52), ischemic heart disease (1.77), and external causes (1.93). For girls, hazard ratios were not elevated significantly for any cause of death in any exposure intensity group...
- Health indicators and intimate partner violence among women who are members of a managed care organizationK Tollestrup
Family and Community Medicine, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque 87131, USA
Prev Med 29:431-40. 1999..To justify efforts to routinely screen for IPV, it is essential to know the prevalence of IPV in this growing population and to identify correlates of IPV among female MCO members...
- Mammography utilization after a benign breast biopsy among Hispanic and non-Hispanic womenC A Stidley
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Cancer 91:1716-23. 2001..Recently, concerns have been raised about the potential adverse effect a benign breast biopsy may have on subsequent mammography utilization, including subsequent use among minority women...
- Identifying US populations for the study of health effects related to drinking water arsenicFloyd J Frost
Lovelace Respiratory Research Institute, 2425 Ridgecrest Dr SE, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87108, USA
J Expo Anal Environ Epidemiol 13:231-9. 2003..Mortality and incidence of diseases known to be associated with arsenic exposure can and should be examined in these counties as part of a comprehensive assessment of arsenic health effects in US populations...
- How clean must our drinking water be: the importance of protective immunityFloyd J Frost
Lovelace Clinic Foundation, The Lovelace Respiratory Research Institutes, Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
J Infect Dis 191:809-14. 2005..Users of surface-derived drinking water are more likely to have strong serological responses to this antigen group and may be at a lower risk of endemic gastrointestinal illness caused by Cryptosporidium infection...
- Enteric illness risks before and after water treatment improvementsFloyd J Frost
Lovelace Clinic Foundation, 2309 Renard Pl SE, Suite 103, 87106, Albuquerque NM 87106, USA
J Water Health 7:581-9. 2009..There was a significantly increased risk of diarrhoea and highly credible gastrointestinal illness in participants with three or more episodes of the same type of illness during phase 1...