Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Minnesota
- Tolarová M, McGrath J, Tolar J. Venturing into the New Science of Nucleases. J Invest Dermatol. 2016;136:742-745 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have shown that COL7A1 mutations in cells of patients with recessive dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa can be corrected by homology-directed DNA repair. ..
- Yoon D, Osborn M, Tolar J, Kim C. Incorporation of Immune Checkpoint Blockade into Chimeric Antigen Receptor T Cells (CAR-Ts): Combination or Built-In CAR-T. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..The impact of this approach on hematological malignancies is in its infancy, and in this review we discuss CAR-T cells and their synergy with immune-checkpoint blockade. ..
- Osborn M, Lees C, McElroy A, Merkel S, Eide C, Mathews W, et al. CRISPR/Cas9-Based Cellular Engineering for Targeted Gene Overexpression. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..We predict that this design concept will be highly transferrable to most genes in multiple model systems representing a facile cellular engineering platform for promoting gene expression. ..
- Tolar J, Blazar B, Wagner J. Concise review: Transplantation of human hematopoietic cells for extracellular matrix protein deficiency in epidermolysis bullosa. Stem Cells. 2011;29:900-6 pubmed publisher..Further modifications in the use of stem cell transplantation as a durable source of extracellular matrix proteins may make this regenerative medicine approach effective in other cutaneous and extracutaneous conditions. ..
- Vanden Oever M, Muldoon D, Mathews W, McElmurry R, Tolar J. miR-29 Regulates Type VII Collagen in Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa. J Invest Dermatol. 2016;136:2013-2021 pubmed publisher..Collectively, we identify miR-29 as an important factor in both regulating COL7A1 and inhibiting transforming growth factor-?-mediated fibrosis. ..
- Tolar J, Deeg H, Arai S, Horwitz M, Antin J, McCarty J, et al. Fludarabine-based conditioning for marrow transplantation from unrelated donors in severe aplastic anemia: early results of a cyclophosphamide dose deescalation study show life-threatening adverse events at predefined cyclophosphamide dose levels. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2012;18:1007-11 pubmed publisher..CY dose levels 50 and 100 mg/kg remain open. Thus, CY at doses of 150 mg/kg in combination with total body irradiation (2 Gy), fludarabine (120 mg/m(2)), and antithymocyte globulin was associated with excessive organ toxicity. ..
- Tolar J, O Shaughnessy M, Panoskaltsis Mortari A, McElmurry R, Bell S, Riddle M, et al. Host factors that impact the biodistribution and persistence of multipotent adult progenitor cells. Blood. 2006;107:4182-8 pubmed..Our data indicate that the biodistribution and persistence of reporter gene-labeled MAPCs are maximized after intra-arterial delivery or host irradiation and that T cells, B cells, and NK cells contribute to in vivo MAPC rejection. ..
- Skvarova Kramarzova K, Osborn M, Webber B, Defeo A, McElroy A, Kim C, et al. CRISPR/Cas9-Mediated Correction of the FANCD1 Gene in Primary Patient Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..Altogether we show the ability to correct a patient mutation in primary FANCD1 cells in a precise manner. These proof of principle studies support expanded application of gene editing for FA. ..
- Tolar J, Wang X, Braunlin E, McElmurry R, Nakamura Y, Bell S, et al. The host immune response is essential for the beneficial effect of adult stem cells after myocardial ischemia. Exp Hematol. 2007;35:682-90 pubmed