Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Factors associated with undertreatment of medical student depressionJennifer Tjia
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
J Am Coll Health 53:219-24. 2005..The authors' findings support the need for targeted messages to help medical students recognize their depression and refer themselves for appropriate treatment...
- Will the Medicare prescription drug benefit eliminate cost barriers for older adults with diabetes mellitus?Jennifer Tjia
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:606-12. 2006....
- Racial and ethnic differences in hospice use among patients with heart failureJane L Givens
Hebrew SeniorLife Institute for Aging Research, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02131, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:427-32. 2010..Racial and ethnic differences in hospice patients are well documented for patients with cancer but poorly described for those with heart failure...
- Depressed medical students' use of mental health services and barriers to useJane L Givens
Student Health Services, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Acad Med 77:918-21. 2002..Early treatment of impaired future caregivers may have far-reaching implications for the individual students, their colleagues, and their future patients...
- Disparities in combination drug therapy use in older adults with coronary heart disease: a cross-sectional time-series in a nationally representative US sampleJennifer Tjia
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Division of Geriatric Medicine, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Drugs Aging 27:149-58. 2010..Despite evidence of effective combination drug therapy for secondary prevention of coronary heart disease (CHD), older adults with this condition remain undertreated...
- Diagnostic E-codes for commonly used, narrow therapeutic index medications poorly predict adverse drug eventsCharles E Leonard
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6021, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 61:561-71. 2008..We sought to examine the validity of specific hospital discharge codes in identifying drug toxicity precipitating hospitalization, among elderly users of high-risk medications...
- Baseline and follow-up laboratory monitoring of cardiovascular medicationsJennifer Tjia
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 45:1077-84. 2011..It is unclear whether black box warnings (BBWs) as well as evidence- and consensus-based clinical guidelines increase the likelihood of appropriate monitoring...
- Beneath the surface: discovering the unvoiced concerns of older adults with type 2 diabetes mellitusJennifer Tjia
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Health Educ Res 23:40-52. 2008..In order to encourage greater patient involvement in medication decision making for diabetes treatment, educational messages promoting patient-physician dialogue need to take more account of patient concerns...
- Interest in breast cancer chemoprevention among older womenJennifer Tjia
The University of Massachusetts Medical School, Biotech Four, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 108:435-53. 2008....
- Medicare beneficiaries and free prescription drug samples: a national surveyJennifer Tjia
Meyers Primary Care Institute, Fallon Clinic Foundation, Worcester, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:709-14. 2008..Little is known about the prevalence of patient activity in requesting or receiving free prescription drug samples, or the characteristics of patients who access drug samples...