Affiliation: University of Pennsylvania
- Factors associated with undertreatment of medical student depressionJennifer Tjia
University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
J Am Coll Health 53:219-24. 2005..The authors' findings support the need for targeted messages to help medical students recognize their depression and refer themselves for appropriate treatment...
- Will the Medicare prescription drug benefit eliminate cost barriers for older adults with diabetes mellitus?Jennifer Tjia
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:606-12. 2006....
- Technological resources and personnel costs required to implement an automated alert system for ambulatory physicians when patients are discharged from hospitals to homeTerry S Field
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, MA, USA
Inform Prim Care 20:87-93. 2012..However, there is little guidance for medical groups outside integrated hospital systems to automate the flow of patient information during transitions in care...
- Racial and ethnic differences in hospice use among patients with heart failureJane L Givens
Hebrew SeniorLife Institute for Aging Research, Department of Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA 02131, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:427-32. 2010..Racial and ethnic differences in hospice patients are well documented for patients with cancer but poorly described for those with heart failure...
- Depressed medical students' use of mental health services and barriers to useJane L Givens
Student Health Services, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, 19104, USA
Acad Med 77:918-21. 2002..Little is known about the rate of mental health service use by depressed medical students. This study sought to determine the level of mental health service use by depressed medical students and their reported barriers to use...
- Diagnostic E-codes for commonly used, narrow therapeutic index medications poorly predict adverse drug eventsCharles E Leonard
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104 6021, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 61:561-71. 2008..We sought to examine the validity of specific hospital discharge codes in identifying drug toxicity precipitating hospitalization, among elderly users of high-risk medications...
- Disparities in combination drug therapy use in older adults with coronary heart disease: a cross-sectional time-series in a nationally representative US sampleJennifer Tjia
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Division of Geriatric Medicine, Worcester, Massachusetts 01605, USA
Drugs Aging 27:149-58. 2010..Despite evidence of effective combination drug therapy for secondary prevention of coronary heart disease (CHD), older adults with this condition remain undertreated...
- Beneath the surface: discovering the unvoiced concerns of older adults with type 2 diabetes mellitusJennifer Tjia
Department of Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Health Educ Res 23:40-52. 2008..In order to encourage greater patient involvement in medication decision making for diabetes treatment, educational messages promoting patient-physician dialogue need to take more account of patient concerns...
- Baseline and follow-up laboratory monitoring of cardiovascular medicationsJennifer Tjia
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester, MA, USA
Ann Pharmacother 45:1077-84. 2011..It is unclear whether black box warnings (BBWs) as well as evidence- and consensus-based clinical guidelines increase the likelihood of appropriate monitoring...
- Interest in breast cancer chemoprevention among older womenJennifer Tjia
The University of Massachusetts Medical School, Biotech Four, Worcester, MA 01605, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 108:435-53. 2008....
- Medicare beneficiaries and free prescription drug samples: a national surveyJennifer Tjia
Meyers Primary Care Institute, Fallon Clinic Foundation, Worcester, MA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:709-14. 2008..Little is known about the prevalence of patient activity in requesting or receiving free prescription drug samples, or the characteristics of patients who access drug samples...