P K Tithof
Affiliation: University of Tennessee
- Phospholipase A2 regulation of bovine endometrial (BEND) cell prostaglandin productionJames D Godkin
Department of Animal Science, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 6:44. 2008..The objectives of this investigation were to evaluate the expression and activities of calcium-dependent group IVA (PLA2G4A) and calcium-independent group VI (PLA2G6) enzymes in the regulation of BEND cell PG production...
- Activation of group IVC phospholipase A(2) by polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons induces apoptosis of human coronary artery endothelial cellsPatricia K Tithof
Department of Pathobiology, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996 4545, USA
Arch Toxicol 85:623-34. 2011..These data suggest that PAHs induce apoptosis of HCAECs via activation of group IVC PLA(2)...
- 4-(methylnitrosamino)-1-(3-pyridyl)-1-butanone, a nicotine derivative, induces apoptosis of endothelial cellsP K Tithof
Department of Comparative Medicine, University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 4500, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 281:H1946-54. 2001..These data suggest that NNK causes EC apoptosis by a mechanism that involves beta1- and beta2-adrenergic receptor-mediated release of AA...
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons present in cigarette smoke cause endothelial cell apoptosis by a phospholipase A2-dependent mechanismPatricia K Tithof
Department of Comparative Medicine, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996 4543, USA
FASEB J 16:1463-4. 2002..These data suggest that 1-MA, B(a)P and PA induce apoptosis of endothelial cells by a mechanism that involves activation of these three distinct isoforms of PLA2...
- Distinct phospholipase A2 enzymes regulate prostaglandin E2 and F2alpha production by bovine endometrial epithelial cellsPatricia K Tithof
The University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine, TN, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 5:16. 2007....
- Beta-adrenergic and arachidonic acid-mediated growth regulation of human breast cancer cell linesY Cakir
Experimental Oncology Laboratory, Carcinogenesis and Developmental Therapeutics Program, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
Int J Oncol 21:153-7. 2002..Moreover, our findings suggest that cardiovascular disease and adenocarcinomas in a variety of organ systems, including the breast may share common risk factors and benefit from similar preventive and treatment strategies...
- Activation of neutrophil calcium-dependent and -independent phospholipases A2 by organochlorine compoundsP K Tithof
College of Veterinary Medicine, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville 37996 4500, USA
Toxicol Sci 53:40-7. 2000..This suggests that more than one isoform of PLA2 is activated by dieldrin and by lindane, and that one isoform is calcium-dependent...
- Evaluation of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons in the activation of early growth response-1 and peroxisome proliferator activated receptorsJeong Ho Kim
Department of Pathobiology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996, USA
Toxicol Sci 85:585-93. 2005..In conclusion, PAHs activate PPAR alpha and PPAR beta/delta, and up-regulate EGR-1 expression in vitro as well as in vivo. These data may provide a diversity of PAH activity in several biological pathways...
- Leptin augments alveolar macrophage leukotriene synthesis by increasing phospholipase activity and enhancing group IVC iPLA2 (cPLA2gamma) protein expressionPeter Mancuso
Dept of Environmental Health Sciences, Univ of Michigan, 1420 Washington Hts, SPH II, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 2029, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 287:L497-502. 2004....
- EGR1 is a novel target for AhR agonists in human lung epithelial cellsJeanelle M Martinez
Laboratory of Computational Biology and Risk Analysis, NIEHS, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Toxicol Sci 82:429-35. 2004..Increased expression of a transcription factor EGR1 with tumorigenic and other biological activities could contribute to the deleterious pulmonary effects of exposure to these environmental agents...