Jasmin A Tiro
Affiliation: University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
- The Colorectal Cancer Screening Process in Community Settings: A Conceptual Model for the Population-Based Research Optimizing Screening through Personalized Regimens ConsortiumJasmin A Tiro
Authors Affiliations Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Harold C Simmons Cancer Center, Dallas, Texas
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 23:1147-58. 2014..Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev; 23(7); 1147-58. ©2014 AACR. ..
- Human papillomavirus vaccine use among adolescent girls and young adult women: an analysis of the 2007 California Health Interview SurveyJasmin A Tiro
Division of Behavioral and Communication Sciences, Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9066, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 21:656-65. 2012..This study examined prevalence and correlates of HPV vaccine initiation (≥1 dose) among a statewide representative sample of adolescent and young adult females living in California...
- Multilevel correlates for human papillomavirus vaccination of adolescent girls attending safety net clinicsJasmin A Tiro
Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9066, United States
Vaccine 30:2368-75. 2012..Safety-net primary care clinics are a key delivery site for improving vaccination rates in these populations...
- Human papillomavirus and cervical cancer behavioral surveillance in the USJasmin A Tiro
Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9066, USA
Cancer 113:3013-30. 2008....
- Human papillomavirus vaccine coverage among females aged 11 to 17 in Texas counties: an application of multilevel, small area estimationJan M Eberth
Division of Quantitative Sciences, Department of Biostatistics, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA
Womens Health Issues 23:e131-41. 2013..The purpose of this study is to describe the county-level geographic distribution of human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine coverage among adolescent females in Texas using multilevel small area estimation...
- Detection of hepatocellular carcinoma at advanced stages among patients in the HALT-C trial: where did surveillance fail?Amit G Singal
Department of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center, and Parkland Health and Hospital System, Dallas, Texas 75390 8887, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 108:425-32. 2013....
- Effects of socioeconomic status and health care access on low levels of human papillomavirus vaccination among Spanish-speaking Hispanics in CaliforniaShingisai Chando
The University of Texas School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, Dallas, TX, USA
Am J Public Health 103:270-2. 2013..68; 95% CI = 0.35, 1.29). This confirms that health care use is associated with language via income and access. Low-income Hispanics, who lack access, need information about free HPV vaccination programs...
- Understanding how mothers of adolescent girls obtain information about the human papillomavirus vaccine: associations between mothers' health beliefs, information seeking, and vaccination intentions in an ethnically diverse sampleAustin S Baldwin
Department of Psychology, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX 75275 0442, USA
J Health Psychol 18:926-38. 2013..Beliefs about human papillomavirus risk are associated with seeking information from a doctor and interpersonal sources, but ethnic minorities are less likely to talk with others about the vaccine...
- Failure rates in the hepatocellular carcinoma surveillance processAmit G Singal
Division of Gastroenterology, Dedman Scholar of Clinical Care, University of Texas Southwestern, 5959 Harry Hines Blvd, POB 1, Suite 420, Dallas, TX 75390 8887, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 5:1124-30. 2012..Future interventions must target multiple failure points in the surveillance process to be highly effective...
- Therapeutic delays lead to worse survival among patients with hepatocellular carcinomaAmit G Singal
From aDepartment of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Parkland Health Hospital System, Dallas, Texas bHarold C Simmons Cancer Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas cDepartment of Clinical Sciences, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas dDepartment of Internal Medicine, University of Michigan, and VA Ann Arbor Health Services Research and Development Center for Clinical Management Research, Ann Arbor, Michigan and eDepartment of Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 11:1101-8. 2013..84) were both associated with significantly worse survival. Results showed that, in addition to one-third of patients not receiving HCC-directed therapy, another 30% experienced significant therapeutic delays, leading to worse survival. ..
- Improving hepatocellular carcinoma screening: applying lessons from colorectal cancer screeningAmit G Singal
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8887, USA
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 11:472-7. 2013..Overall, many lessons learned from challenges to CRC screening can be applied to rapidly optimize HCC screening delivery...
- Does language moderate the influence of information scanning and seeking on HPV knowledge and vaccine awareness and initiation among Hispanics?Clare E Stevens
Department of Clinical Sciences, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 8557, USA
Ethn Dis 23:95-102. 2013....
- Understanding impediments and enablers to physical activity among African American adults: a systematic review of qualitative studiesZoveen Siddiqi
University of Texas, Health Science Center at Houston, School of Public Health, Dallas Regional Campus, Dallas, TX, USA
Health Educ Res 26:1010-24. 2011..Findings should be taken into account by researchers, program planners and policymakers when tailoring physical activity interventions to African American communities in the United States...
- Validity of self-reported genetic counseling and genetic testing use among breast cancer survivorsHeidi A Hamann
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Harold C Simmons Cancer Center, 5323 Harry Hines Blvd, Dallas, TX, 75390 9044, USA
J Cancer Surviv 7:624-9. 2013..This study evaluated the accuracy of self-reported genetic counseling and testing rates among breast cancer survivors...
- Utilization of hepatocellular carcinoma surveillance among American patients: a systematic reviewAmit G Singal
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:861-7. 2012..The aim of our study was to quantify utilization rates for HCC surveillance among patients with cirrhosis and summarize patterns of association between utilization rates and patient socio-demographic characteristics...
- Community events as viable sites for recruiting minority volunteers who agree to be contacted for future researchWendy Pechero Bishop
Division of Behavioral and Communication Sciences, Department of Clinical Sciences and Simmons Cancer Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Contemp Clin Trials 32:369-71. 2011..Approximately 66% of the 2298 survey responders joined the registry. Multivariate analysis showed that Hispanics were more likely to agree to contact than Whites. Agreers endorsed a wider range of health concerns than non-agreers...