M Tim Tinker
Affiliation: University of California
- Incorporating diverse data and realistic complexity into demographic estimation procedures for sea ottersM Tim Tinker
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, Center for Ocean Health, 100 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz 95060, USA
Ecol Appl 16:2293-312. 2006..More broadly, we have illustrated how the powerful and relatively straightforward tools of information-theoretic-based model fitting can be used to sort through and parameterize quite complex demographic modeling frameworks...
- Food limitation leads to behavioral diversification and dietary specialization in sea ottersM Tim Tinker
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, Center for Ocean Health, 100 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz, CA 95060, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:560-5. 2008..Individuality in foraging behavior adds complexity to both the fitness consequences of prey selection and food web dynamics, and it may figure prominently as a diversifying process over evolutionary timescales...
- Using demography and movement behavior to predict range expansion of the southern sea otterM Tim Tinker
U S Geological Survey, Western Ecological Research Center, Long Marine Laboratory, 100 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz, California 95060, USA
Ecol Appl 18:1781-94. 2008..Our approach provides guidance for the acquisition of further data and a means of forecasting the consequence of specific management actions. Similar methods could aid in the management of other recovering populations...
- Ontogenetic and among-individual variation in foraging strategies of northeast Pacific white sharks based on stable isotope analysisSora L Kim
Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, University of California Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, California, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e45068. 2012..Our data reveal substantial ontogenetic and individual dietary variation within a white shark population...
- Using ecological function to develop recovery criteria for depleted species: sea otters and kelp forests in the Aleutian archipelagoJames A Estes
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, Center for Ocean Health, Long Marine Laboratory, University of California, Santa Cruz, CA 95060, USA
Conserv Biol 24:852-60. 2010....
- Gene transcription in sea otters (Enhydra lutris); development of a diagnostic tool for sea otter and ecosystem healthLizabeth Bowen
US Geological Survey, Western Ecological Research Center, Sacramento, CA 95826, USA
Mol Ecol Resour 12:67-74. 2012....
- Persistent organic pollutants in the blood of free-ranging sea otters (Enhydra lutris ssp.) in Alaska and CaliforniaDavid A Jessup
California Department of Fish and Game, Marine Wildlife Veterinary Care and Research Center, 1451 Shaffer Road, Santa Cruz, California 95060, USA
J Wildl Dis 46:1214-33. 2010....