Michael J Thorpe
Affiliation: University of Colorado
- Cavity-enhanced optical frequency comb spectroscopy: application to human breath analysisMichael J Thorpe
JILA, National Institute of Standards and Technology and University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0440, USA
Opt Express 16:2387-97. 2008..We present a series of breath measurements including stable isotope ratios of CO(2), breath concentrations of CO, and the presence of trace concentrations of NH(3) in high concentrations of H(2)O...
- Cavity-enhanced direct frequency comb spectroscopy: technology and applicationsFlorian Adler
JILA, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Department of Physics, University of Colorado, Boulder, 80309 0440, USA
Annu Rev Anal Chem (Palo Alto Calif) 3:175-205. 2010..We discuss a range of applications, including breath analysis for medical diagnosis, trace-impurity detection in specialty gases, and characterization of a supersonic jet of cold molecules...
- Absolute and relative stability of an optical frequency reference based on spectral hole burning in Eu3+:Y2SiO5David R Leibrandt
National Institute of Standards and Technology, 325 Broadway Street, Boulder, Colorado 80305, USA
Phys Rev Lett 111:237402. 2013..5(-0.9)(+1.8)×10(-17) at τ=204 s (with quadratic frequency drift removed)...
- Broadband cavity ringdown spectroscopy for sensitive and rapid molecular detectionMichael J Thorpe
JILA, National Institute of Standards and Technology NIST and University of Colorado, and Department of Physics, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309 0440, USA
Science 311:1595-9. 2006..Real-time, quantitative measurements were made of the trace presence, the transition strengths and linewidths, and the population redistributions due to collisions and the temperature changes for molecules such as C2H2, O2, H2O, and NH3...
- Phase-stabilized, 1.5 W frequency comb at 2.8-4.8 micromFlorian Adler
JILA, National Institute of Standards and Technology and University of Colorado, and Department of Physics, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado 80309 0440, USA
Opt Lett 34:1330-2. 2009..50 W. We also demonstrate the performance of the stabilized comb by recording the heterodyne beat with a narrow-linewidth diode laser. This OPO is an ideal source for frequency comb spectroscopy in the mid-IR...
- Ultralow phase noise microwave generation with an Er:fiber-based optical frequency dividerFranklyn Quinlan
National Institute of Standards and Technology, 325 Broadway, Boulder, Colorado 80305, USA
Opt Lett 36:3260-2. 2011..For offset frequencies >10 kHz, the phase noise is shot noise limited at -145 dBc/Hz. An analysis of the contribution of the residual noise from the Er:fiber optical frequency divider is also presented...