Affiliation: University of California
- Obstetric complications in women with diagnosed mental illness: the relative success of California's county mental health systemDorothy Thornton
Division of Community Health and Human Development, Berkeley School of Public Health, University of California, University Hall, Berkeley 415 596 6569, CA 94720, USA
Health Serv Res 45:246-64. 2010..To examine disparities in serious obstetric complications and quality of obstetric care during labor and delivery for women with and without mental illness...
- Mexican women in California: differentials in maternal morbidity between foreign and US-born populationsSylvia Guendelman
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
Paediatr Perinat Epidemiol 20:471-81. 2006..Nevertheless, the positive aggregate outcome of Mexican-born women did not extend to maternal mortality, nor to certain conditions associated with suboptimal intrapartum obstetric care...
- Obstetric complications during labor and delivery: assessing ethnic differences in CaliforniaSylvia Guendelman
Maternal and Child Health Program, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, 94720 7360, USA
Womens Health Issues 16:189-97. 2006..We sought to compare obstetric complications during labor and delivery among white non-Latina (white), black, Asian, and Latina women who delivered in California hospitals. Many intrapartum complications are preventable...
- Psychiatric emergency services and the system of careRalph Catalano
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley 94720, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:351-5. 2003....
- Birthplace, language use, and body size among Mexican American women and men: findings from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2001-2006Sylvia Guendelman
School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 22:590-605. 2011..We draw from 2001-2006 NHANES data on Mexican Americans to examine whether body mass index (BMI) and waist circumference vary by country of birth and among the U.S.-born by language...
- Social disparities in maternal morbidity during labor and delivery between Mexican-born and US-born White Californians, 1996-1998Sylvia Guendelman
Maternal and Child Health Program, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
Am J Public Health 95:2218-24. 2005..To assess maternal health disparities, we compared maternal morbidities during labor and delivery among Mexican-born and US-born White, non-Latina women residing in California...