Andrea A Thornton
Affiliation: University of California
- Optimism and prostate cancer-specific expectations predict better quality of life after robotic prostatectomyAndrea A Thornton
Resnick Neuropsychiatric Hospital and Semel Institute, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90024 1759, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 19:165-76. 2012....
- Predictors of finding benefit after lung cancer diagnosisAndrea A Thornton
Division of Psychology, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center and Beckman Research Institute, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Psychooncology 21:365-73. 2012....
- A prospective report of changes in prostate cancer related quality of life after robotic prostatectomyAndrea A Thornton
Divisions of Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, City of Hope, Duarte, CA, USA
J Psychosoc Oncol 29:157-67. 2011..These data can be used to guide patients in their expectations for quality of life following robotic prostatectomy and highlight the need for multidisciplinary approaches aimed at improving men's sexual adjustment after this procedure...
- Need for cognition and psychosocial adjustment in prostate cancer patients and partnersSindy Oh
Department of Psychology at University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90089, USA
J Psychosoc Oncol 25:1-19. 2007..This study indicates that predictors of adjustment may differ for patients and partners, who are likely differentially affected by the disease process...
- Posttraumatic growth in prostate cancer survivors and their partnersAndrea A Thornton
Department of Psychology, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA 91010 3000, USA
Psychooncology 15:285-96. 2006..Quality of life was largely unrelated to PTG in survivors or partners. Findings suggest that psychological disruption associated with the cancer experience and coping are related to PTG in prostate cancer survivors and their partners...
- Modeling intention to participate in face-to-face and online lung cancer support groupsYangmu Xu
Department of Psychology, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA, USA
Psychooncology 23:555-61. 2014..In this study, we evaluated the utility and specificity of the Behavioral Model for Vulnerable Populations for modeling intention to participate in face-to-face (F2F) and online lung cancer support groups...
- Development and evaluation of a decision aid for BRCA carriers with breast cancerJulie O Culver
Division of Clinical Cancer Genetics, Department of Population Sciences, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, CA 91010 3000, USA
J Genet Couns 20:294-307. 2011..Stakeholders were divided as to whether the DA should be offered at-home versus only in a clinical setting. This well-received DA will be further tested to determine accessibility and effectiveness...