- The legacy of early attachmentsR A Thompson
Department of Psychology, University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68588 0308, USA
Child Dev 71:145-52. 2000....
- Developmental science and the media. Early brain developmentR A Thompson
Department of Psychology, 238 Burnett Hall, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, NE 68588 0308, USA or
Am Psychol 56:5-15. 2001..Recommendations are offered for strengthening the constructive contributions of research scientists and their professional organizations to the accurate and timely coverage of scientific issues in the media...
- Attachment and emotional understanding in preschool childrenD J Laible
Department of Psychology, University of Nebraska Lincoln 68588, USA
Dev Psychol 34:1038-45. 1998..g., sadness) and not for those emotions with a positive valence (e.g., happiness). Thus, a secure attachment relationship seems to be important in fostering a child's understanding of emotion, primarily negative emotions...
- Development in the first years of lifeR A Thompson
University of Nebraska, USA
Future Child 11:20-33. 2001....
- Mother-child discourse, attachment security, shared positive affect, and early conscience developmentD J Laible
Department of Psychology, University of Nebraska Lincoln 68502, USA
Child Dev 71:1424-40. 2000..Attachment security, shared positive affect between the mother and child, and maternal references to feelings and moral evaluatives also predicted specific aspects of early conscience development...