Lisa M Thompson
Affiliation: University of California
- Exposures to high levels of carbon monoxide from wood-fired temazcal (steam bath) use in highland GuatemalaLisa M Thompson
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Int J Occup Environ Health 17:103-12. 2011....
- Impact of reduced maternal exposures to wood smoke from an introduced chimney stove on newborn birth weight in rural GuatemalaLisa M Thompson
Family Health Care Nursing, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, California, USA
Environ Health Perspect 119:1489-94. 2011..A growing body of evidence indicates a relationship between household indoor air pollution from cooking fires and adverse neonatal outcomes, such as low birth weight (LBW), in resource-poor countries...
- Effect of reduction in household air pollution on childhood pneumonia in Guatemala (RESPIRE): a randomised controlled trialKirk R Smith
Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720 7360, USA
Lancet 378:1717-26. 2011..We investigated whether an intervention to lower indoor wood smoke emissions would reduce pneumonia in children...
- Unintended benefits: leadership skills and behavioral change among Guatemalan fieldworkers employed in a longitudinal household air pollution studyDevina Kuo
University of California, Berkeley, CA, USA
Int Q Community Health Educ 31:311-30. 2010..Recommendations for future researchers include inclusion of additional training courses and adoption of community participatory approaches...
- Non-invasive measurement of carbon monoxide burden in Guatemalan children and adults following wood-fired temazcal (sauna-bath) useNick Lam
Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, California, USA
J Environ Monit 13:2172-81. 2011....
- Household air pollution from cooking fires: a challenge for nurses globally and a call to actionJason Thomas Speaks
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Community Health Nurs 29:236-44. 2012..Nurses can play a key role in education, practice, and research to develop and support interventions, both in the United States and abroad, which may reduce this substantial burden of disease...
- Premature or just small? Training Guatemalan birth attendants to weigh and assess gestational age of newborns: an analysis of outcomesLisa M Thompson
a Department of Family Health Care Nursing, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Health Care Women Int 35:216-31. 2014..Prematurity was estimated at 27% (Ballard) and 24% (Capurro); low birth weight (LBW) was 30%. Capurro provided a simplified, equivalent estimate of gestational age compared with New Ballard that could be used by birth attendants. ..
- Perceptions of health equity and subjective social status among baccalaureate nursing students engaged in service-learning activities in Hawai'iLisa M Thompson
Department of Family Health Care Nursing, University of California, San Francisco San Francisco, CA L M T, P S
Hawaii J Med Public Health 72:339-45. 2013..While findings presented here focus on nursing students in Hawai'i, this educational innovation could be replicated with students in other undergraduate health sciences programs. ..