Lindsay A Thompson
Affiliation: University of Florida
- The association of maternal pre-pregnancy body mass index with breastfeeding initiationLindsay A Thompson
Departments of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 32610, USA
Matern Child Health J 17:1842-51. 2013..Future studies need to address the health care, social, and physical barriers that interfere with breastfeeding initiation, especially in underweight and obese women, regardless of race, ethnicity or income...
- Parents' knowledge of and opinions about healthcare laws and technology in primary careLindsay A Thompson
Department of Pediatrics and Health Policy and Outcomes, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Inform Prim Care 20:69-74. 2012..This study assessed US parents' current knowledge and opinions about technology facilitated physician-adolescent communication and applicable laws to enhance transition to adult health care...
- Improving developmental screening in pediatric resident educationLindsay A Thompson
Department of Pediatrics and Epidemiology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, 1701 SW 16th Ave, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 49:737-42. 2010..Given that pediatricians cite low competency in developmental screening, this study aims to effectively teach screening to residents...
- Pediatricians' management practices for chronic painLindsay A Thompson
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32608, USA
J Palliat Med 13:171-8. 2010..This study asks pediatricians who they believe should treat pain and how pain should be assessed and managed...
- The impact of insurance on satisfaction and family-centered care for CSHCNLindsay A Thompson
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Pediatrics 124:S420-7. 2009..Although individual characteristics influence satisfaction and family-centered care, additional effects of health insurance and state child health policies are unknown...
- Pediatricians' perceptions of and preferred timing for pediatric palliative careLindsay A Thompson
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Florida, 1701 SW 16th Ave, Room 2103, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Pediatrics 123:e777-82. 2009..This study investigates how pediatricians define palliative care and their preferences regarding the timing of referrals for children with life-limiting diseases...
- Protected health information on social networking sites: ethical and legal considerationsLindsay A Thompson
University of Florida, Department of Pediatrics, Gainesville, FL, United States
J Med Internet Res 13:e8. 2011..However, it is unknown whether students and residents portray protected health information and under what circumstances or contexts...
- Nonclinical use of online social networking sites: new and old challenges to medical professionalismLindsay A Thompson
College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
J Clin Ethics 22:179-82. 2011..While online social networking may in many ways be a new application of old challenges, there may be other aspects that require novel approaches to medical professionalism...
- The intersection of online social networking with medical professionalismLindsay A Thompson
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:954-7. 2008..To measure the frequency and content of online social networking among medical students and residents...
- The impact of DTaP-IPV-HB vaccine on use of health services for young infantsLindsay A Thompson
Division of General Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 25:826-31. 2006..Because fevers in young infants prompt medical evaluations, this study examines the impact of this vaccine (DTaP-IPV-HB) on subsequent use of health services...
- Partners in care: together for kids: Florida's model of pediatric palliative careCaprice A Knapp
Department of Epidemiology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Palliat Med 11:1212-20. 2008..The program relies on partnerships between state-employed care coordinators who identify the children for possible enrollment and hospice staff who provide home and community-based services...
- An analysis of healthcare providers' online ratingsErik W Black
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida College of Medicine, 1701 SW 16th Ave, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Inform Prim Care 17:249-53. 2009..Many websites allow consumers to evaluate their healthcare experience yet scant data exist that explore the type and content of reviews...
- Parental strain, parental health, and community characteristics among children with attention deficit-hyperactivity disorderMelanie Sberna Hinojosa
Institute for Child Health Policy, Department of Health Outcomes and Policy, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
Acad Pediatr 12:502-8. 2012..This study explores the relationship between family stressors (such as child comorbid conditions) and family resources (such as social support, community characteristics, and parental health) on parental strain...
- The linkage between pediatric quality of life and health conditions: establishing clinically meaningful cutoff scores for the PedsQLI Chan Huang
Department of Epidemiology and Health Policy Research, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Value Health 12:773-81. 2009..To link pediatric health-related quality of life (HRQOL) and health conditions by establishing clinically meaningful cutoff scores for an HRQOL instrument, the Pediatric Quality of Life Inventory (PedsQL)...
- Agreement was not found in adolescents' quality of life rated by parents and adolescentsI Chan Huang
Department of Epidemiology and Health Policy Research, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610 0147, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 62:337-46. 2009..This study aimed to test whether agreement exists between the dyads using a methodology of measurement invariance...
- Identifying indicators during pregnancy for child maltreatmentErika L Thompson
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of South Florida, 13201 Bruce B Downs, MDC56, Tampa, FL, 33612, USA
Matern Child Health J 17:1817-24. 2013..Ascertaining short IPI and asking pregnant and peripartum women about their perception of harm and desire for a longer birth spacing can alert obstetricians, family practitioners and pediatricians to potential child maltreatment...
- Developing a pediatric palliative care program: addressing the lack of baseline expenditure informationCaprice A Knapp
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Florida, 1329 SW 16th Street, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 26:40-6. 2009..Baseline expenditure information from this study can be used to develop integrated pediatric palliative care models. Our findings also suggest that many more children could potentially benefit by using hospice care at the end of life...
- Exploring factors influencing asthma control and asthma-specific health-related quality of life among childrenPranav K Gandhi
Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, South College, Knoxville, TN, USA
Respir Res 14:26. 2013....
- Racial and ethnic variation in ADHD, comorbid illnesses, and parental strainMelanie Sberna Hinojosa
University of Florida in Gainesville, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:273-89. 2012..Interventions to reduce parental strain also need to be tailored to the specific needs of racially and ethnically diverse parents of children with ADHD...
- Online schools and children with special health and educational needs: comparison with performance in traditional schoolsLindsay A Thompson
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32608, United States
J Med Internet Res 14:e62. 2012....
- Are gymnasium equipment surfaces a source of staphylococcal infections in the community?Kathleen A Ryan
Department of Pediatrics, College of Medicine, University of Florida, 1701 SW 16th Ave, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
Am J Infect Control 39:148-50. 2011..Gym surfaces do not appear to be reservoirs for staphylococci; therefore, surface-to-skin contact in gymnasiums does not likely play a significant role in community transmission of MRSA or MSSA...
- Chronic pain management as a barrier to pediatric palliative careLindsay A Thompson
1Departments of Pediatrics and Epidemiology and Health Policy Research, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 30:764-7. 2013..The key components of pain management in children are multimodal, regardless of the cause of the pain. ..
- Is more neonatal intensive care always better? Insights from a cross-national comparison of reproductive careLindsay A Thompson
Department of Pediatrics, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
Pediatrics 109:1036-43. 2002..Although differences in vital recording and socioeconomic risk have been studied, a systematic, cross-national comparison of perinatal health care systems is lacking...
- The relationship between pediatric residency program size and inpatient illness severity and diversityRebecca M Jennings
Center for the Evaluative Clinical Sciences and the Department of Community and Family Medicine, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, NH, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 157:676-80. 2003..A critical component of pediatric residency training is exposure to diverse and challenging hospitalized patients, yet little is known about the differences in pediatric inpatient educational experiences across residencies...