Affiliation: University of Washington
- School difficulties and co-occurring health risk factors: substance use, aggression, depression, and suicidal behaviorsElaine Adams Thompson
Reconnecting Youth Prevention Research Program, Psychosocial and Community Health, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 26:74-84. 2013..Effective prevention requires understanding vulnerable populations, early signs of health risks, and the impact of social contexts. We tested a model of co-occurring mental health risks among at-risk youth experiencing school difficulties...
- Evaluation of indicated suicide risk prevention approaches for potential high school dropoutsE A Thompson
Reconnecting Youth Prevention Research Program, Psychosocial and Community Health, Campus Box 357263, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle, WA 98195 7263, USA
Am J Public Health 91:742-52. 2001..This study evaluated the efficacy of 2 indicated preventive interventions, postintervention and at 9-month follow-up...
- The mediating roles of anxiety depression, and hopelessness on adolescent suicidal behaviorsElaine Adams Thompson
Department of Psychosocial and Community Health, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
Suicide Life Threat Behav 35:14-34. 2005..The results have important implications for future model development regarding adolescent suicidal behaviors...
- Preliminary effects of brief school-based prevention approaches for reducing youth suicide--risk behaviors, depression, and drug involvementLeona L Eggert
Psychosocial and Community Health, University of Washington School of Nursing, Seattle, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychiatr Nurs 15:48-64. 2002..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the postintervention efficacy of Counselors-CARE (C-CAST) and Coping and Support Training (CAST) vs. "usual care" controls for reducing suicide risk...
- Culturally specific adaptation of a prevention intervention: an international collaborative research projectTatiana Tsarouk
Reconnecting Youth Prevention Research Program, Department of Psychosocial and Community Health, University of Washington School of Nursing, 9709 3rd Avenue, NE, Suite 510, Seattle, WA, 98115, USA
Addict Behav 32:1565-81. 2007..Both U.S. and Russian youth characterized the lessons as engaging and valuable. They also expressed a need to learn about sexuality, drug use, and health; peer and romantic relationships; and problem-solving strategies...
- Intimate partner physical and mental health after sudden cardiac arrest and receipt of an implantable cardioverter defibrillatorCynthia M Dougherty
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, School of Nursing, University of Washington, Box 357266, Seattle, WA, USA
Res Nurs Health 32:432-42. 2009..Health care use was low throughout the year. Intimate partners could benefit from an intervention that would assist in their psychological adjustment and provide strategies for dealing with caregiving demands at home...
- Overview of workshop on drug abuse and suicidal behaviorLynda Erinoff
Drug Alcohol Depend 76:S3-9. 2004